Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

SoundStation 2 External Mic

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor

SoundStation 2 External Mic

I'm using the Polycom Wireless Microphone System. Is it possible to have the other mics on the phone be muted, and have the external mic be the only active microphone? When I tried muting the phone it mutes all lines including the external mic.

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: SoundStation 2 External Mic

Hello Desktech,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As far as I am aware this is working as designed.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Visitor

Is there another Conference Phone Model that would accommodate these settings?

Message 3 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Desktech,

the VTX1000 should be able to accommodate your needs as it can disable the internal microphones and can be set to use the Aux in.

SoundStation VTX 1000 steps to mute console + extension mics while keeping the Aux In mic open.

Menu >Audio Setup > Console Mics> Off >Save

Once in this mode only the Aux input is working, mute button will mute/unmute the Aux (+ others already muted)

To return to normal operation it is the same menu path as above except select ‘On’ option for console mics.

Please work with your Polycom reseller if you require more details.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 5
Visitor

Excellent. Thank you for the quick responses to my questions.

Message 5 of 5