Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a brand new SoundStation 2W that is experiencing the same issues as the one it replaced. 

At 31 minutes into a conference call, the phone made a tone that lasted approximately 12 seconds, followed by what sounded like a fast busy signal, then the call reconnected and we could here the other parties. 

This happened twice yesterday in the same call at the 46th and 53rd minute. 

None of the other attendees had any issues. It seems to only happen when another party on the call is talking. 

I am at a loss at what is causing this. It seems if it was a problem with the phone line, the call would disconnect altogether. 

We made another test call and after it was connected, I dialed the number to the conference phone from my cell phone just to eliminate that there wasn't a second line or call waiting issue. The phone rang busy and nothing happened to the ongoing conference call. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Neil

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Neil,

you mention you already replaced a SS2W with another new working unit and you still have the same issue.

• Is this a brand new unit that has been swapped against an old unit?
  • Is this using the Standard Polycom Base station or a 3rd party GAP base station or DECT system?
  • Did you use a new base station that came with the new unit or did you register it against the old base Station?
  • If above is using an analog line did you test another analog handset with this line?

I would suggest you comment on above follow up questions.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
  • Yes, the unit is brand new. 
  • I am using the standard Polycom Base that came with the unit
  • I am using the new base station that came with the new unit
  • The original unit worked for 18 months before it ever experienced an issue. When the line was activated we did test the line to make sure it worked, but never tried a 30+ minute call on it with anything other than the Polycomm.

Thank you for the response. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.