Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

SoundStation 2W Upgrade Error

Occasional Contributor

SoundStation 2W Upgrade Error

Our unit started randomly disconnecting in the middle of calls. The only info I could find was to try a firmware upgrade.

The upgrade was going fine until it stopped at step 3 with an Error: SoundStation2W Detection Failed.

I tried to follow the failure scenario but the phone is stuck with SS2W: Writing Flash on the screen and will not power down. None of the buttons on the phone are responsive. As a last resort, I pulled the battery and it just comes back to this screen.

I'm pretty sure this needs to go in for repair, but just wanted to check here first.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: SoundStation 2W Upgrade Error

Hello nmarlowe062,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Have you tried to start the upgrade process again whilst the phone is in this state?

If all fails please liaise with your Polycom reseller on an RMA of this unit.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Occasional Contributor

Re: SoundStation 2W Upgrade Error

Yes, I tried several times to restart the upgrade. At this point it will not get past Step 1 of 6.  

Thank you for the reply, I'll see about getting it serviced. 

Message 3 of 3