Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

PABX supported and work well with SoundStation2 analog phone and can do the conferencing. But when we try connected the SoundStation Duo into the same systems. It can't make conferences features!

How to solve this problem?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello pca120,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Have you checked the Flash timing via: 

Menu / Settings / Advanced / PSTN Configuration / Flash Timing

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I checked it already. When I push the flash button - Line1 is hold as normal. So, when I place the call to Line2, Line1 had disconnect. It can't join in the conferences.

The SoundStation2 can make it normally by place flash button also.

HP Recommended

Hello,

you will need to verify the flash time to match your PABX. If it is to long the PABX will just disconnect the call and if it is to short the call will not be placed on hold.

In your case the call is not held but dropped and the PABX provides a new dial tone.

Please check this FAQ entry => here <= for an explanation.

The Times usually are 80ms (or 75ms), 100ms, 300ms and 600ms.

You will need to check with your PABX Vendor and confirm the correct setting.

On the SoundStation 2 you can check the current setting via the menu:

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

It setup 300ms on both Duo & SoundStation2. The SoundStation2 works well but the Duo isn't.

HP Recommended

Hello pca,

as you had not previously provided the Information I was unaware of this.

Can you confirm what Software Version you are running on your SoundStation Duo ?

Press Menu => Status => Platform => Application => Main

There is actually an external Document describing some issue with the initial Software release regarding Flash Timing => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Hello pca,

as documented in the provided Link, if this Phone is running the advised Software Version, please raise this via your Polycom Reseller with our support team.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

You meant it maybe defective, right?

HP Recommended

Hello,

I doubt it is defective, it may just be a Software Bug depending on the Country Setting of the phone in relation with the Software the Phone is running.

The latest one is UCS 4.0.2. RevB (11307) and can be upgraded via the Web. Plenty of Information within the VoIP Section.

For Support you need to work via your Polycom Reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.