Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We recently purchased a new SoundStation 2 Polycom.  It is expandable and came with 2 external mics that can be moved around.  I connected the new equipment, checking that all connections were proper.  The polycom works, you can make calls out, you can receive calls.  We do have a big problem however in that when the equipment is idle, it constantly clicks and the screen reads Incoming Call, rather than Ready as it should.  I have already contacted tech support about this issue.  They have suggested I try it on a landline, rather than a phone system that uses an 8 to dial out.  Since the previous Polycom worked with our system, I don't know why it would be a problem for this one.  I tried to connect the new equipment to our fax line, but the cords don't fit.  Our phone system is an NEC SV8100.  Can anyone help me?  I appreciate any suggestions.  Thank you so much.

Angela

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Can anyone help me?  I had someone take home the system and they were able to connect it at home on their land line and it worked fine.  I am on with Tech Support and they are not helpful.  They said since the equipment is not faulty they do not have anything else to do.  Now they have put me on terminal hold when I asked for a supervisor.  Help please?

Angela

HP Recommended

Hello Angela,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As the agent already probably explained, if the phone is working fine on another regular analog line you would need to contact whoever maintains you NEC PABX to check the extension you are attempting to use.

Please always also ensure to use all the wiring that came with the phone as other users in the past utilized old cords and caused issues.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  I stuck it out on the phone and eventually spoke to someone named Rich, who was so very helpful.  Apparently it was a faulty power source.  I plugged in the new SoundStation to the old Power Source and it worked just fine! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.