Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

SoundStation2 Expandable - Upgrade from SoundStage2

Occasional Visitor

SoundStation2 Expandable - Upgrade from SoundStage2

We recently purchased a new SoundStation 2 Polycom.  It is expandable and came with 2 external mics that can be moved around.  I connected the new equipment, checking that all connections were proper.  The polycom works, you can make calls out, you can receive calls.  We do have a big problem however in that when the equipment is idle, it constantly clicks and the screen reads Incoming Call, rather than Ready as it should.  I have already contacted tech support about this issue.  They have suggested I try it on a landline, rather than a phone system that uses an 8 to dial out.  Since the previous Polycom worked with our system, I don't know why it would be a problem for this one.  I tried to connect the new equipment to our fax line, but the cords don't fit.  Our phone system is an NEC SV8100.  Can anyone help me?  I appreciate any suggestions.  Thank you so much.

Angela

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Occasional Visitor

Re: SoundStation2 Expandable - Upgrade from SoundStage2

Can anyone help me?  I had someone take home the system and they were able to connect it at home on their land line and it worked fine.  I am on with Tech Support and they are not helpful.  They said since the equipment is not faulty they do not have anything else to do.  Now they have put me on terminal hold when I asked for a supervisor.  Help please?

Angela

Message 2 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Angela,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As the agent already probably explained, if the phone is working fine on another regular analog line you would need to contact whoever maintains you NEC PABX to check the extension you are attempting to use.

Please always also ensure to use all the wiring that came with the phone as other users in the past utilized old cords and caused issues.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Thank you for your response.  I stuck it out on the phone and eventually spoke to someone named Rich, who was so very helpful.  Apparently it was a faulty power source.  I plugged in the new SoundStation to the old Power Source and it worked just fine! 

Message 4 of 4