Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We utilize several iPhones throughout our office (iPhone-4/4s/5) and would like to use the 2.5mm jack input capability.

I have a 2.5mm input to 3.5mm cable, and need directions to make calls from the iPhone using the SoundStation2 w/LCD.  Thanks for your assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Jeff,

simply using the correct cable (as provided via the link I responded with) will , once plugged into the SoundStation 2, show the Phone in the "Mobile Phone In" State.

Anything that is played via the Mobile Phone's speaker is played via the SoundStation Phone and the SoundStation Phones microphones will pickup the audio and transmit it back to the Mobile phone.

There is no additional setting needed on the SoundStation 2 end and I just tested this in my Lab.

Please work with your Polycom reseller if this is not working using the cable I pointed out in my original reply.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello Jeff,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please see => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

No Steffen, your canned-reply didn't answer the question.

I have the appropriate cables/connections, and didn't need the part number.

How do I make calls from the iPhone, thru the SoundStation2, for conferencing.

Simply put- conference calling through the iPhone on "speaker-phone" results in a poor-quality call.

We would like to do this on the iPhone(s), through the SoundStation.

The directions in the SoundStation2 User Guide are incomplete for use with cell phones.

HP Recommended

Hello Jeff,

simply using the correct cable (as provided via the link I responded with) will , once plugged into the SoundStation 2, show the Phone in the "Mobile Phone In" State.

Anything that is played via the Mobile Phone's speaker is played via the SoundStation Phone and the SoundStation Phones microphones will pickup the audio and transmit it back to the Mobile phone.

There is no additional setting needed on the SoundStation 2 end and I just tested this in my Lab.

Please work with your Polycom reseller if this is not working using the cable I pointed out in my original reply.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen.  I must have a bug or two that needs to be worked out within the SoundStation2.

I've done everything you pointed out, and I do get the "Mobile Phone In" prompt on the LCD screen.

Actually, the prompt shows as soon as I plug the cable in, regardless if the phone is plugged in or not; however- the SoundStation2 has no communications with the iPhone handset.  

I'll contact my Polycom reseller.  Thanks for taking the time to assist my efforts.

HP Recommended

Jeff,

you originally stated you have a 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable. Was this sourced from Polycom or is this from somewhere else?

There is no setting within the SoundStation and the behavior is normal to show that message on the LCD screen.

It will work out of the box if the correct cable is used.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Your cell phone may not be compatible with the SoundStation2.  We even found differences among different models by the same maker.  For instance the iPhone5 works but not earlier versions

Polycom should publish a list of compatible phones for the SoundStation2.  The list I did find is very much out of date.  You can find it here: http://supportdocs.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/global/documents/support/technical/products/vo...

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue.  I tried to access the link with the list of compatilble phones, but it does not work.  I have an iPhone 5c and, when I plug the cord in, I can hear the people on the call, but they can't hear me.  When we plug in our intern's phone, which is an older iPhone, it works fine.  I'd love to figure this out as we depend heavily on this conference phone and will return the cord if it is known to be incompatible with iPhone 5c or 5s.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Why is my unit not showing the "mobile phone in" on the screen?  We've had this unit for 4-5 yrs now and yesterday was the first time we tried to use the mobile phone connection cable that was supplied in the box.  We have a Iphone 5.  Even if my phone was not compatible I should still see the message up on the screen when the cable is plugged in.  Never have I seen that message come up. 

HP Recommended

I'm having trouble making sense of this. We are also trying to use the SoundStation2 for calls made on an iPhone 5. I have the cable referred to in the post. It is a 2.5mm plug on one end (which fits the SoundStation2) and then Y's into two 3.5mm plugs -- one is identified with a microphone icon and the other with a headphone icon.

The iPhone (any iPhone I'm pretty sure) only has a single 3.5mm jack and that jack handles both the microphone and the earphones on a typical hands-free device (like the apple headphones). So I don't understand how this cable is supposed to work with an iPhone.

We tested it and, not surprisingly, when the headphone cable is plugged into the iphone, the speaker on the soundstation2 works but the microphones don't. Vice versa when the microphone cable is plugged in to the iPhone.

Is there not a cable that can connect to the SoundStation2 (2.5mm) and has a 3-conductor (tip-ring-sleeve) 3.5mm plug on the other end? I can't see how anything else would actually let an iphone transfer both speaker and microphone functions to the SoundStation2.

John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.