Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have tried two SoundStation 2 devices which I really like but strangely I get a hiss from the speaker on both devices when off-hook or not in use.  It is noticable in quiet rooms.

I've experienced this on two different Soundstation 2 devices (which were re-located in different rooms to make sure it wasn't a different device interfering but no improvement was made).

Can other SoundStation users let me know if this is normal for a SoundStation 2 connected to a normal telephone line?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello TJM_UK,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Does this also happen when you remove the Phone Line and just power up the unit?

I have never heard this for a new product and can only assume this is a wiring / earth issue.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello TJM_UK,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Does this also happen when you remove the Phone Line and just power up the unit?

I have never heard this for a new product and can only assume this is a wiring / earth issue.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.  As I only have 2 units it can be hard to find where the issue is so I engaged the forum as part of a diagnostic process to discount the SoundStation so I am sorry if I misunderstood the guidelines.

I have tried without the telephone line connected as you say and still experience the problem.  I also referred to FAQ's for the product and searched this forum for similar issues and did find a post related to hiss but for a different model.

The reply has definately helped since we have established the SoundStation shouldn't perform like this (which is what I expected for a high-end product like this) and I need to look elsewhere for a solution.

Best regards,

Tim.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.