Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello RemoteUSer,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please see the reply number 17 => here <=

There is no way in the field for an End Customer to flash a newer Version and we do not offer this as a service either.

As explained in the Post mentioned this was only an enhancement brought in on a later stage.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We recently purchased a Polycom Soundstation 2W to replace our Polycom soundstation2 because I thought it was broken as we could not lower the volume however we have the same issue with this polycom. 

I am seeing from the forum that there is no solution -so besides putting a couple of books over the speakers what can we do?

HP Recommended

Hello JB,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please see the reply number 17 => here <=

There is no way in the field for an End Customer to flash a newer Version and we do not offer this as a service either.

As explained in the Post mentioned this was only an enhancement brought in on a later stage.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

we also have this problem. As there is no solution, I don´t need a reply. Simply another customer voice for the stats.

I think we will buy a pillow or let the engineering design something cool.

BR, Frank

HP Recommended

Given lack of solution from Polycom, why not insert a separate volume control?

See enclose presentation for simple Mod, using '5k-ohm 'audio-taper potentiometer' and '1/2" blue-capped control knob' from a local Radio Shack.  

All that is required is a bit of simple drilling and soldering.  (Be sure to position the control in a place that does not interfere with any circuitry...)

Results works great!  Volume control from full audio to a quiet murmur... 🙂

<Attachment removed by Mod: This is the official Polycom forum and we do not support 3rd party modifications and cannot be held responsible for anyone modifying their equipment>

HP Recommended

Is there no better support for this? Hard to believe that your devices are designed and manufactured with a volume control that can't go to ZERO.

HP Recommended

Hello zipit,

I can only repeat what has been officially stated on multiple occasions within this post.

Polycom makes every effort to engineer our SoundStation2 products to provide an optimal audio experience under a variety of standard operating environments, however, in some instances customers may find the minimum volume to not be satisfactory.

Polycom has investigated this and determined that in some instances this is due to the incoming gain level from a bridge or PBX being too high.  

Phones with firmware xx.01.2xx include an enhancement to help improve this scenario, however, we recommend reducing the incoming gain level on the phone line to fully address the issue.

In order to verify your current software please check the Version via Menu Button => This Phone => System Information?

Have you contacted support yet in this matter?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Can you provide the specs on the volume levels in different room environments, conference media (i.e. webex), compatibility with different PBXs, VoIP systems etc? Are there whitepapers on the specs?

HP Recommended

We tried reducing the gain with no effect. The version we see on our model is is Ss2.com.01.255, not like 1.2x format as you mentioned. Is this a different train?

Is this issue completely resolved in any of the models/firmware?

HP Recommended

Hello Zipit,

publicly available is the data sheet which can be found => here <=

If you require any further details I would like to ask you to contact your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Details can be found in my signature.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.