Soundstation 2 conference with Siemens HiPath 3800, possible?

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Soundstation 2 conference with Siemens HiPath 3800, possible?

Hi, 

We have a HiPath 3800 system with a Soundstation 2 and when we try to connect caller 1 it works, then hit the conference button and it puts caller 1 on hold, then dial caller 2 who can pick up then when we hit 'Join' it disconnects caller 1 completely and brings in caller 2. 

We've tried *3 as I read that can work for joining the second call but with no luck. I've read the basic guides on the site (https://community.polycom.com/t5/PSTN/FAQ-How-can-I-setup-a-conference-via-my-Polycom-Conference-Pho...

This seems to be an issue with the PABX then? Does anyone have any experience or tricks to try or is this just not possible?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Soundstation 2 conference with Siemens HiPath 3800, possible?

Hello @CW431,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You need to ensure to change the Flash Timing. Usually for a HiPath in Germany this is 80ms

Menu => Admin Setup => Phone System => Flash Timing

I think we offer 75ms which should work

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2