Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Soundstation 2 for computer calling not working on Mac? (mic does not work)

Occasional Visitor

Soundstation 2 for computer calling not working on Mac? (mic does not work)

I'm using the Soundstation2 with the computer calling kit that came with it for Skype calls. I have a Macbook Pro.

When using this, I can hear the other party loud and clear but the Mic is not working. So the other party cannot hear me. What am I doing wrong?

I have the Mic level on the Mac set to Max input.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Soundstation 2 for computer calling not working on Mac? (mic does not work)

Hello valiot,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Have you tried to use a external Microphone on the Macbook yet?

Have you tested the SoundStation 2 with the computer calling kit on another PC/MAC yet?

If you can reproduce the Issue I would recommend to contact your Polycom Reseller and/or Polycom Support directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services 

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Regular Visitor

Re: Soundstation 2 for computer calling not working on Mac? (mic does not work)

Hi,

Did you ever solve this?  I have exactly the same issue.  Googling, I think it could be that the Mac requires "line-level" input and low-level signals (eg simple mics) don't work.  However the Polycom docs (eg with the computer calling kit I purchased) say they do support Macs.

AndyS

Message 3 of 3