Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

The Soundstation 2 has a different phone number than my office number. Even if I call the Soundstation 2's number, it calls the office number anyway. I'm not sure how I can transfer the call to the Soundstation 2's number. Someone please help! I can't find a solution anywhere.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

If I was having this issue I would check the following things..

Make sure that it is not somehow forwarding to your desk set.

Look at the lines to make sure that the conference phone does not appear as a line on your phone.  

Have you tried calling the phone from either another phone or a cell phone to see how it behaves.

Depending on what kind of system your phones are on, you can also double check the phone number by dialing 800 444 4444.  This will not work on every phone system, but I used it a lot when I was trouble shooting phones in the field.  

Good luck!!

Phoneprincess~

HP Recommended

I have tried test calling. The call goes through the other phones but the Soundstation doesn't seem to receive the call. I can dial out but people who call won't ring in through the Soundstation.

HP Recommended

Hello @tori2020 

you really need to find out who provides the service to the phone as this has nothing to do with the phone at all.

Your PABX or PSTN provider would need to be consulted.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I was just told that when we switched locations, we have multiple lines but all of those lines go to one main line.

I think the main issue is that the Soundstation can make calls but cannot receive them. So disregarding my first message. Is this still an issue with the phone company?

HP Recommended

Hello @tori2020 

the same would happen if you plug your home phone into the line. The analogue SoundStation is a very basic phone with no logic inside.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.