Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have the Soundstation model #2201-03308-001.  I am sure it is an old model as we do have two other newer Polycoms in the building (in other departments); however, this phone is not used on a daily basis which I would think would help it stay newer than it is in years.  When not in use we keep it packaged in the original box.  The phone was working fine until recently. I noticed that the phone jack cord is a dark gray versus a clear looking cord which most phones have, and I think this is a replacement cord as I believe previously we used a clear phone jack cord, so I am wondering if that is the reason for the sudden issues but I honestly cant remember because I use all the Poly Coms in the building. (The two others have clear cords).  We use a Teleconference Company for our group calls so everyone dials into a SPECIFIC Teleconference number instead of having multiple calls being made or received manually.  We use the unit because of the sound, it's usually louder than a regular phone for these group calls.  Suddenly we began having an issue where the group that has the PolyCom can NOT hear the other callers on the line who do not have it, but they can all hear us, and they can all hear each other, so obviously there is an issue with the unit, not the teleconference company's line.   Is it possible that the phone-jack cord (which plugs into the wall jack and into the phone) is causing this issue? Do those phone jack cords come in specific quality grades, such that I would be able to recognize if the cord is not premium quality level or compatible for this unit? What type of phone jack cord is acceptable?  Is there a mate-cord for this unit that can be purchased? Or is any replacement cord acceptable?  Thank you.   

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello veez,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

In general unplugging a device and then plugging it back in puts more "strain" on it as keeping it running constantly.

As this is an analog device there is not much testing you could do apart from making a simple phone call to another phone and test it that way.

If you post the serial number I can look it up how old it is.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.