Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I seem to have a perpetual "Please Wait" message on the display of my Soundstation 2W.  Subsequently, it doesn't work.  Has anyone encountered this problem before?  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Spencer,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to provide a little bit of history on the device you are trying to use.

• Is this a brand new unit or a used unit?
  • If used how long did it work before or did you receive it in this state?
  • Have you yet tried to upgrade the software on the unit?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffan.  We bought the unit new, I believe, and it's at least 8 years old.  Hard to tell when it started doing this, as we don't use it all the time.  So, I noticed it about a week ago.  I saw the software update on the website and I'm actually trying to do that right now.  I'll see what happens after that.  Thanks for responding.

Spencer

HP Recommended

Hello Spencer,

You can try the software update but based on the age of the unit it may have become defective.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, Steffan.  I did the software upgrade and it didn't take.  It is possible that the machine is just done but I'm going to try a few things before giving up.

HP Recommended

Hello There,

We have a similar problem.  Display shows - Please Wait...I tried default factory reset and reboot  but it didn't fix the problem.  In addition, when I go to the Menu -> THIS PHONE -> SYSTEM INFORMATION -> once it shows the information, CVM: UNAVAILABLE, DSP: S2W.CON.01.605, CPLD: 1.06, none of the soft keys work and I have to unplug the power and back in to get the console buttons to work again.  Any ideas?

Soundstation is 2 year old.

Regards,

Naresh

HP Recommended

Hello naresh,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Its always useful to provide as much background information as possible.

• What is the serial number of this unit?
  • Have you powered off all components yet?

I am aware that you may have answered already some of the questions but the more details the better

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.