Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a 4 month old soundstation 2W that cannot find the base station.  We use it pretty regularly, today it showed a "searching for signal" message on the display.  It then changes to a "no signal" afterwards.  This occurs with IP mode on and off.  The base station is plugged into an analog phone jack.  The paging from the base station does not work either.  I unplugged/replugged the battery, it did not register with the base station with the "bong".  I restored to defaults under the diagnostics, no change.  I am testing the unit next to the base station to ensure a clear line of site, no change.  I've ensured the base station is powered on.  The unit battery is fully charged. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello ross+ocsmaui,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please ensure that you are running the lasted Software from => here <=

If above fails to upgrade or you are already running the latest please contact your Polycom reseller for an RMA of the unit.

This is not something that an end customer can recover in the field.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue except that my unit is a bit over a year old so no warranty. It seems like the base unit is the problem and is not sending out a signal. It won't let me update the console with new software, my laptop (Win 7) doesn't "see" that the hardware is connected via the USB cable. It is hard for me to believe that a unit that cost over $650 would die at a year old and be unsupported already. I'll be replacing it, I guess, but NOT with a Polycom.

HP Recommended

Hello Sherri,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did you attempt and contact Polycom support and explain your situation yet?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.