Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Soundstation 2W not connecting to base station

ross_ocsmaui
Visitor

Soundstation 2W not connecting to base station

I have a 4 month old soundstation 2W that cannot find the base station.  We use it pretty regularly, today it showed a "searching for signal" message on the display.  It then changes to a "no signal" afterwards.  This occurs with IP mode on and off.  The base station is plugged into an analog phone jack.  The paging from the base station does not work either.  I unplugged/replugged the battery, it did not register with the base station with the "bong".  I restored to defaults under the diagnostics, no change.  I am testing the unit next to the base station to ensure a clear line of site, no change.  I've ensured the base station is powered on.  The unit battery is fully charged. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Soundstation 2W not connecting to base station

Hello ross+ocsmaui,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please ensure that you are running the lasted Software from => here <=

If above fails to upgrade or you are already running the latest please contact your Polycom reseller for an RMA of the unit.

This is not something that an end customer can recover in the field.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
Sherri
Occasional Visitor

I have the exact same issue except that my unit is a bit over a year old so no warranty. It seems like the base unit is the problem and is not sending out a signal. It won't let me update the console with new software, my laptop (Win 7) doesn't "see" that the hardware is connected via the USB cable. It is hard for me to believe that a unit that cost over $650 would die at a year old and be unsupported already. I'll be replacing it, I guess, but NOT with a Polycom.

Message 3 of 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Sherri,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did you attempt and contact Polycom support and explain your situation yet?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4