Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Just a follow-up, as you requested.  It's a little tough to find exactly how to request an RMA on the website, so I ended up calling Polycom on the phone.  The person on the other end could not have been nicer.  She did take down the usual information to open up a trouble ticket and then offered to send me the product manual for my Polycom so I could try troubleshooting myself.  

Unfortunately, my own troubleshooting didn't work at all (basically, going into the diagnostics on the Polycom and making sure the microphone level was set on high) - and Polycom wants $75 to look at the unit, if I ship it to them.

So now I must make a calculation.  It's an 8-year old unit.  Do I spend the $75, which might result in a quick fix but might also result in an email from Polycom telling me that since my unit is so far out of warranty, it's another $XXXX to repair the unit - or do I just buy another Polycom or competitor unit.  Hmmmm.....

Again, thanks for the help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.