Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've had this SoundStation 2W for over 6 years, in the same spot.  Nothing changed.  Suddenly, today, the phone does everything it's supposed to except let you hear the sound of the call or transmit sound through the call.  For example, the phone will ring and let you answer calls.  The phone will dial out.  The only thing it won't do is let you hear the sound of the phone call.  You can't hear the dial tone, and you can't hear the caller.  The caller also can't hear you.

I have rebooted the phone.  I reconnected it to the base.  I ran the diagnostics under "Admin" and it passed all of them.  I made sure that the dial tone volume and call volume were turned up.  I ensured the phone line (plugged into the base) works fine.  I made sure AUX AUDIO OUT was off.  

Anything else I can try?  Any recommendations at all?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello BLB,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This sounds like the Unit is faulty. You could call Polycom Support in order to get a quote for an RMA or as a last resort try to update the Software from => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggestion on the software upgrade.  I have no idea why, but that fixed it!  Fantastic.  Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.