cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soundstation 2W update failed

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Soundstation 2W update failed

Hello, just trying to get some info for a Soundstation 2W.  Actually have 3 of these in my office, all pre-date me so I know they are out of warranty.  Recently saw this Polycom recommendation to update the software.  The update program never even recognized the first phone, updated the 2nd phone with no issue, but on the third phone the update ran incredibly slow.  I started it around 11am, after 3 hours it reached 14 segments on the progress meter and then displayed 'Status - Error: Soundstation 2w Detection failed'.  Now the console starts up with "SS2w USB download  Ready to start download" and there is no response on the keypad.  If I re-run the upgrade software, the display will change to "SS2w: Writing flash DO NOT POWER OFF" but the upgrade program will eventually display the 'Detection failed' status.

Unit S/N is AA0811264F681

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Soundstation 2W update failed

Hello @GBsma,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

• Have you tried yet to remove the battery and plug this back in?
  • What PC with what OS did you use?
  • The unit was sold back in 05/08/2011 via SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS so it is well out of warranty.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Occasional Visitor

Re: Soundstation 2W update failed

Yes, after the over night failure I unplugged power and battery from the console and re-attempted.  Upon powerup, the display shows "SS2w USB download  Ready to start download".  The first two upgrade attempts via the upgrade software fail to find the device, then the updater shows a troubleshooting screen asking what is on the display.  The 2nd option matches the message above, and when I attempt those steps the display on the console changes to "SS2w: Writing Flash  DO NOT POWER OFF", but I've tried even letting it go for a day and the progress meter only makes it about halfway before it stops and the status changes to a detection failed message.

First system I used to update was a Dell Inspiron N5110 running Win7 Pro, which updated one of the other consoles perfectly.  Then I tried using a Dell Inspiron 560 with Win7 Pro, and finally tried using that same Dell 560 with a spare HDD with a fresh install of WinXP Pro.

Message 3 of 3