Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I bought a Computer Cabling Kit to connect to Soundstation 2 for web conference (WebEx).

The speaker part is working fine, i.e. I can hear the incoming sound. However, the microphone part is not working as promised. For testing purpose, if I disconnect the mic input (RED) from my laptop, I can communicate using the mic from my laptop.

Does anyone has similar problem or solutions? Appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you find a solution to this problem? I am experiencing exactly the same issue.

I did wonder if it was a compatibility issue. What model SoundStation do you have, and what's the part number of the Computer Calling Kit you have?

Thanks,

Mark

HP Recommended

We bought three soundstation 2 with computer calling kits for Webex voip calls, but all three phones experienced similar problems to what you are experiencing. We tried connecting it to different laptops from Dell and HP but the problems still remains. After much experimentation, we believe that the problem is caused by the microphone signal from the Polycom phone is so weak that it is barely detectable. Some laptop will think that there is no signal and will switch to another microphone (which is usually the one built into the laptop). We tried boosting the signal through the OS but the results were still unsatisfactory. Please let me know if you have face this same issue. Right now, we have no solutions.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

did you follow this guide => here <=

It mentions the MIC boost option

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Service

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I'm a different user, but I'm having the same issue. If I use the Skype sound test feature, I can VERY faintly hear the audio sent from the Polycom microphone when I'm speaking VERY loudly and closely to the unit.

Steffen, I have followed the instructions on that page, and turned on the microphone boost- that was the only thing that allowed me to pick up anything (as noted above) instead of absolute silence. The microphone levels on the computer are turned up all the way, too.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

I have created a FAQ entry => here <= explainingt what cable should be used.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.