Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Having an interesting issue and hope that someone can offer some advice.

The Soundstation is connected to an ATA and then to a hosted VoiP provider. The conf phone works flawlessly with both incoming and outgoing calls after multiple tests.

However, when using it to dial into the Cisco WebEx conference number the Soundstaion can hear the participants but the participants receive no audio back and cannot hear the presenter. This used to work and now it does not. If another phone becomes the presenter and the Soundstation is a participant, suddenly the Soundstation has two way audio. Crazy I know...

I explained the entire setup to WebEx support and received the following answer:

Thank you for contacting WebEx Technical Support.

I understand that you have issues with the Polycom soundtstaion device as outgoing is not working as a presenter. I am sorry to know about the same. I would be glad to help you with the same but Polycom Devices are not supported for WebEx they may work but not supported.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this regard.

Anyone have any advice they may be able to offer?

Thank you!

Jason D

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I would be troubleshooting the ATA at this point.  Take a normal analog phone, or butt set, hook it up to the ATA and test with that.  This will tell you whether or not the problem is with the SS2W or the ATA itself.

HP Recommended

After starting a WebEx, we notice that the dial feature which enables WebEx to call a analog phone does not work.  Is there a workaround for this? 

Darin 

HP Recommended

Hello Darin,

I am unsure if I fully understand your issue.

The computer calling kit does nothing else than utilize the SoundStation 2W as a Microphone and a Speaker utilizing the PC's SoundCard.

If the WebEx session somehow affects the SoundCard then the Polycom Support would not be the right person to speak to. It's either WebEx or the PC Manufacturer / SoundCard Manufacturer / Drivers.

The SoundStation 2W does not have any control over the PC.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.