Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I currently have a SoundStation2 15100 and due to the meeting demands in the office, upgraded to a SoundStation2 16200 with extension mic kit. Thinking that they are from the same family, it should just be an easy replacement plug-n-play so to speak.

Nortel Networks had installed the original conferencing unit and had some sort of digital to analog type interface module.

I cannot seem to get my SoundStation2 EX going and really need it for upcoming conferences. Is there a fix? Isn't it supposed to be a compatible upgrade? Is there a step I am supposed to be doing to get the phone to connect to our system?

Our conference room connection is connected to our network and is routed through our whole office. Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Mariel,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The SoundStation 2 Nortel Direct Connect or the AVAYA variant are specifically for these PABX types and work on a specific digital Interface only.

The analog SoundStation 2 from Polycom may look the same but is an analog Conference Phone only.

There is no way to convert any of these units.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

So to confirm, the SoundStation2 non-expandable is different from the SoundStation2 EX?

Do you recommend another conferencing unit that would be compatible with Norstar BCM, preferably one with extending speakers?

HP Recommended

Hello,

just a quick explanation as this should come from your Polycom Reseller.

An analog SoundStation2 non expandable is unable to connect any external microphones and will only work with an analog phone line.

An analog SoundStation2 EX is able to connect external microphones but will only work with an analog phone line.

An SoundStation 2 Direct Connect will only work with an Nortel digital PABX as specified => here <=

An SoundStation 2 Avaya 2490 will only work with an AVAYA digital PABX as specified => here <=

Please liaise with your Polycom Reseller to check on the availability of analog or SIP Polycom conference units and the possibility to expand their usage via external microphones or speakers.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.