Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VTX 100 connection to PC

SOLVED
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

VTX 100 connection to PC

Dear Community,

Can i connect VTX 1000 device to a PC using 3,5mm jack?

As i can see,Computer calling kit is certified for SoundStation 2,can i use this kit for this older model?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VTX 100 connection to PC

Hello @sotiris 

the RCA connection is only to provide an output for the phone to be connected to an amplifier and not for it to be used out of a call to my knowledge.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hello @sotiris ,

welcome back to the Poly Community.

From the Data Sheet:

Auxiliary audio
Input
•  Style: phono jack
•  Function: switchable between Polycom
wireless mic/AUDIO IN/OFF
•  Softkey configurable setup menus
Output
•  Style: phono jack
•  Function: switchable between
subwoofer/external
•  PA/record out/OFF
•  Softkey configurable setup menus

The VTX does not have the 2.5mm Audio Output on the phone but a Phono Jack on the Power Supply.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Hello Steffen,

So if i connect an RCA cable to the suitable port on my PC,will i be able to use the device as i speakerphone?

Or there are limitation for this,i mean to work only as a speaker given that no PSTN will be used,just a connection to PC

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted

Hello @sotiris 

the RCA connection is only to provide an output for the phone to be connected to an amplifier and not for it to be used out of a call to my knowledge.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

You were clear enough!

Best Regards,

Message 5 of 5