Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Greetings,

I was upgrading a VTX 1000 via the 866 number (No other VTX 1000's here to connect to),  it downloaded ok, started upgrade..  said something about a flash write error,  and froze.    This required a power cycle,  leaving it without firmware now.

it's currently sitting at:

"Enabling Serial Port Clock -  Ready to receive image 8 byte hdr"

The internet fails to mention a single thread regarding a recovery procedure for a VTX 1000.  As far as I can find, Polycom doesn't have an image available on the website or FTP server to manually upload to the VTX 1000.

Question 1:  Where can I get the image

Question 2: What is its recovery protocol,  Xmodem?      With a Cisco style console cable into the other RJ45 port next to the voice/power port?

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello human1137,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Could you confirm that you have used the 1-866-4711-121 Number?

What Software Version did your VTX have installed before?

The Error Message is just a confirmation that the Unit is in a Recovery Mode and only Polycom Support would be able to deal with this Unit.

I can only suggest that you contact Polycom via your Reseller if the Unit is still within warranty.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I'm not entirely sure what version it had on prior.  I did use that 866 number after going onto the support site and inputting my serial number, it gave me that same number to dial.

I'll have to find out if this specific unit is still under warranty, even if it's not, it'd be pretty unfortunate for Polycom to not give people old software when the unit clearly has a software issue that just requires loading on a new image, that we're already entitled to.

HP Recommended

Hello human1137,

I am unsure what happened whilst you were upgrading the unit but you should be able to work with your Reseller/Polycom Support to solve this issue somehow.

You are entitled to the Software via the online upgrade facility that you used but I am not aware of a similar issue in the field that caused the unit to fail.

What you cannot do is locally recover the unit as special equipment is needed.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

This phone number is no longer working.  The site to put my serial number and get an updated phone number is broken.  Is this  still active?  What are my other options for updating firmware?  I have an issue with "Auto Gain Control" and the lastest firmware will let me cut that off.

Thanks,
Dana

HP Recommended

Hello Dana

What country / area are you attempting to dial?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi,

i have the same problems like Dana. The phonenumber does not work (i can connect, but get 0 bytes) and the updatesite, where i have to enter the serial number, seems to be broken. Where can i get a firmwareupdate for the SoundStation VTX 1000 (actual i have the 01.11.000 firmware)

HP Recommended

Hello tsen,

What country / area are you attempting to dial?

Are you using a analog line provided from a Network Provider like AT&T or BT ?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello,

i want to dial in from germany. The only phonenumber i found is the 1-866-4711-121. The VTX 1000 is connected analog to an siemens telephone system. Our Network Provider is the German Telekom.

Best Regards,

tsen

HP Recommended
Hello Tsen, as long as no ATA adapter or any other compression or even least cost routing / call by call is used please attempt our european number in the UK: +441753 72 31 77 Best regards Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.