Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Supoort,

Currently I am having issue where my Polycom VTX 1000 Conference phone are unable to Invite more than 2 users to perform N-way call feature. For example, using the VTX 1000 itself, I am able to invite the first and the second caller and able to perform conference and all party is able to communicate to each other. However, upon the attempt to invite the third user to the conference by using the same VTX 1000 phone, the 2nd user will always drop out from the conference. Kindly please advise is Polycom VTX 1000 itself is able to support the N-way call features and how maximum up to how many users can be invited for call conference?

FYI, I am currently connecting my VTX 1000 to Grandstream HT-502 ATA to perfrom registration to Broadworks.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello KS,

as already outlined by Uwe and Mike the VTX1000 is an analog phone and I have therefore moved the post in the correct section.

Uwe initially highlighted that the conference functionality depends on tour PABX / PSTN and in your case the use VoIP converter Grandstream is your bottleneck.

An analog phone does not hold the conference itself. It is always held in the PABX / PSTN.

A VoIP phone uses its DSP's to conference a call inside itself but an analog phone simply cannot do this.

You would need to check with Grandstream what the their limitations are and most likely use a conference bridge to host such call from the VTX.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi there 🙂

The maximum number of participants is depending on your pbx (SW or HW).

So if your pbx is only capable of doing 3-way conferences, the vtx won´t be able to connect more than 3 sites.

HP Recommended

Hi Uwe,

Currently I am using Broadworks and we had tested that N-way calls actually did worked out for another device for example polycom 650. And so, can I conclude that VTX 1000 can actually support the N-way call feature? Is there any data sheet or documentation that actually mentioned that VTX 1000 model are capable to perform n-way call feature? Apologies for the trouble because i need to isolate the issue properly to explain for my clients.

Thanks

HP Recommended

VTX 1000 as well as any other analog phone doesn't support multipoint conference itself and so totally depends of the phone network (PBX). In contrary some SIP phones (for example SoundPoint IP 650) can host N-way calls themselves. Take a look >>> here <<< for more details.

HP Recommended

Hello KS,

as already outlined by Uwe and Mike the VTX1000 is an analog phone and I have therefore moved the post in the correct section.

Uwe initially highlighted that the conference functionality depends on tour PABX / PSTN and in your case the use VoIP converter Grandstream is your bottleneck.

An analog phone does not hold the conference itself. It is always held in the PABX / PSTN.

A VoIP phone uses its DSP's to conference a call inside itself but an analog phone simply cannot do this.

You would need to check with Grandstream what the their limitations are and most likely use a conference bridge to host such call from the VTX.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.