Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Can't find an admin guide for this nor how to Factory default.  reported to us as follows.

VTX1K has a dial tone, "number dialled" tones are heard but nothing else happens. System Ver 1.60.031 (odd as latest V on support./polycom.com is .029) Tried alternate analogue phone on line OK, tried isolating from VSX, no change. Console speaker & mics are off in Admin setup & cannot be changed. Hardware fault?

Pete

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Pete,  the User guide has an Admin guide section at the back

http://supportdocs.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/global/documents/support/user/products/voice/s... 

Have you tried the Restore Defaults in the Diags section?

Upgrading can be done from another VTX1000 that is setup as a server.

the 1.60.31 was not pubically released but is 'out there' and I believe it is the latest we have.

I have not see the problem with the mics/speakers so I suspect a problem.  Try the restore and even try connecting to another phone that is set as a server to download the software again (even if same version).

I can set up mine as a server if you need to. 

Let me Know,  Ken... 

HP Recommended

Thanks Ken.  Awaiting EU feedback to the "try it at home" diag!

HP Recommended

Hello Pete,

not sure I fully understand but you are saying the Phone plays the dial tone and the user can dial and hears the DTMF digits but the phone does not dial?

This is usually if the line expects a pulse dial signal. The VTX can only utilize DTMF so therefore the VTX is unable to dial on that line.

Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi All,

i am the end user, this is the most recent update:

I have done the hardware reset, and Mics and Speakers are now on, i have done the test to ensure they are working. All settings are as stated in the user / admin manual.

I have take the device home, and plgged into a working telephone socket. I have also plugged in a regualr analog phone into the relevant socket in the office, that the device would be connected to. The analog phone works fine and BT have confirmed nothing is wrong with the line.

In both office and home environment the device behaves as folows:

The initial start up chime is heard, when the phone button is pressed faint white noise can be heard. the keypad tones can be heards as the number is being dialled. After a few seconds the call counter is displays on the device, however nothing can be heard on the line, other than intermittent faint white noise. I have called the numbers the device has been plugged into and it does not ring.

Thats all i have manged to get the VTX to do....would i be better off buying an upgraded version of the device if i have missed any information that will help diagnose the issue please let me know. Many  thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello sahota,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

without testing the Unit in a lab I can only guess it is defective or some wrong parts are used (not the right Power Adapter or similar or the phone cable wrong wired)

Please work with your reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Anyone else think this IS a fault & should be RMA'ed?

HP Recommended

Are you dialing a 1 or a 9, any sort of prefix before you dial your number?

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue,  we get dial tone, you hear numbers dialing out, then nothing , just silence and the time of the call goes on.

My setup is  a little diffrent, i'm running a Norstar ATA2 box to convert the signal to analog. 

If i try the VTX1000 on a fax line, it works fine.

If i try it on my PBX lines with the Norstar ATA2 i cant dial out.  (i can receive calls with it, but cant dial out)

The issue seems that when i hit the "9" for a line out, this is where i lose the dial tone, it doesnt seem to pick up the line.

I have tried a 2nd Norstar ATA2 box, same issue.

Tried switching all the phone cables , same issue.

I reset default, and flashed to newest firmware, same issue.

Has anyone encountered this before?  this unit was always working well, and now its down.

help!

Serge

HP Recommended

Hello PowerSurge,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

If the unit works with another line then the problem is not with the VTX. Try plugging in another analog phone into the ATA. 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.