Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear supporting staff

my boss he has 2 phone lines connected to his se220/225

one line is internal, another line is external(DDI)

does SE220/225 it support a kind of function

while my boss is on the phone(handset off)  then it just simply make caller heard busy tone

coz my boss feels disturbed by the buzz of call waiting comes from another phone line

so is SE220/225 possible to turn the call waiting mode off?

hope the problem could be solved, otherwise he always makes complain us

kind regards,

Shawn Szutu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Dear Stenffen

I understand the limitation comes from the old model(analog)

could you recommend a digital twin line Polycom conference phone for us?

thanks for your patient and explaination

kind regards,

Shawn Szutu

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Shawn,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The SE220/225 is an analog Phone and all Features need to be provided by the PSTN/PABX.

Please check with your Provider if you can dial a Do Not Disturb Code or similar.

The Userguides for all the Handset itself can be found => here <=.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

so you mean analog phone can't setup busy tone or notice caller "the owner is on the phone now"

coz I said the buzz of call waiting which dosen't come from provider service

it causes by se220/225 while 2 phone line jack-in se220/225, it puts itself into a kind of call waiting mode

for example

my boss is on the line A, if someone make a phone call to his line B

he'll hear the buzz comes from line B

for another example

my boss is on the line B, if someone make a phone call to his line A

he'll hear the buzz comes from line A

exception case

my boss is on the line B (or A), if someone make a phone call to his line B (or A)

he won't hear any buzz coz

we didn't ask our telephone service provider to enable "Call waiting" function on both line A and B

so could the problem be solved by configuring the settings of SE220/225? 

HP Recommended

Shawn,

the SE220/225 cannot reject the call as this is a feature of a Digital/IP Network.

Your Boss would need to activate a Do not disturb/Call Forward before he makes/recieves a Call in order to prevent the 2nd Call from signalling on the Phone.

There is not another call waiting on the enganged line, the Phone produces the Tone for the call on the 2nd Line.

According to the User Guide:

Second Calls on an Inactive Line

If you have already engaged a call and another call comes in on the line you are notusing, you will be prompted with a low-volume ring and the LED indicator for theincoming line will blink. If you subscribe to Caller ID, SoundPoint Pro will displayCaller ID information for the incoming call.

Any further support should go via your Reseller as this feature is working as designed. Another basic Solution could be just to unplug the "ringing" line on the back of the Phone.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Dear Stenffen

I understand the limitation comes from the old model(analog)

could you recommend a digital twin line Polycom conference phone for us?

thanks for your patient and explaination

kind regards,

Shawn Szutu

HP Recommended

Hello Shawn,

Polycom manufactures so many different Models and you should really liaise with a Polycom Reseller.

You can find an overview of our SoundStation Range => here <=

The SoundStation IP Range are SIP (VoIP) Phones but usually only subscribe to one line. This Line if supported by the SIP Switch can handle multiple incoming calls and the SoundStation can either toggle between these calls or join them together or reject a 2nd call.

The SoundPoint IP Range => here <= is a Desktop Solution that depending on the Model has two or more lines with above mentioned capabilities.

Most of our Phones offer a Revolutionary voice quality with Polycom HD Voice™. 

Please check => here <= for officially supported VoIP Platforms but work with your Polycom Reseller in choosing the correct phone for the right environment.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.