Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a soundstation 2W EX with external 2 mics but are getting poor quality voice from the mics. When I go into the diagnostic->Mic test I only see the 3 internal mics not the external ones. Is this correct? and how can I improve the external mic reception/levels?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

There is no test for the external mics.  Typically the mics either work or do not. Sound quality is typically an environmental issue.  How is the sound when the mics are disconnected?

I would need more details on the quality issue.

Static?

Volume?

Echo?

Garbled?

Also be sure you have the correct mics. The SoundStation 2W uses special mics that look just like the standard SoundStation2 mics but are low power because of the battery.

Check your mic for the part number 2201-67840-101 on the bottom. If different (last 3 may vary) you have the wrong mics.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, My soundstation 2W P/N is 2200-07800-160 and the mic set P/N is 2200-07840-001. Did I get the correct set of mics?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.