Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi.

I've noticed that Lens does not update device status on Inventory page. Switching to other menu/tab does not help. Only things that work are either opening new browser tab with Lens or "log-out - log-in" procedure.

The same behaviour is for both Firefox and Edge browsers.

Is it a bug or does it work "as designed"?? If it's the latter, then I can only describe it as a failure and if Lens is supposed to a tool to manage and monitor Poly devices in a future, then this should be changed for sure.

Also another problem - Lens if showing me this info/error after every login:

Please resize your browser. Lens supports screen resolutions greater than 1000 X 800.

It's not a problem with my screen resolution, since it's set to 1920x1080. Happens on Firefox (daily browser) and Edge (basically not used) browsers.

Regards

Lukasz

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi Lukasz, when I power up my Trio for example, I see in the Device Inventory that is has become online. Is that what you mean? Or on the action tile. To see the current status I do need to refresh the page to see the new current status before I see No Devices Offline.

Regarding the other topic, I am using Edge(Chromium) but i do not encounter these logon issues.

BR, Beyond Conference

HP Recommended

Hi Lukasz, after some testing I see what you mean. When I opened the page on a notebook screen it gave indeed the message "Please resize your browser. Lens supports screen resolutions greater than 1000 X 800." But when I open or move it to the additional screen also with the resolution 1920x 1080  the message disappeared. The difference is in the windows setting regarding those screens. Under Display setting you have a option for "Change the size of text,apps, and other items". Be sure it says at 100%. You are possible on 125%.

BR,

Beyond Conference

HP Recommended

Hi Beyond

As for the first problem - I'm experiencing this issue with Studio X30 (updated to the latest firmware, if anyone asks). Later today I can try how Lens behaves with Trio 8800, since I have it on my desk and it's also provisioned from Lens.

As for the resolution problem - indeed I do have scaling set to 125%, but still even considering scaling of my built-in screen with 1920x1080 resolution is more than required 1000x800, isn't it? 🙂

Lukasz

HP Recommended

Hi Lukasz, If you put your browser into  full screen mode then the message will also disappear.
The menu of your browser and the taskbar are also consuming and you will go below the 800.

The Studio X30 we have are in Teams mode and managed by the Team admin panel and not by LENS.  
I am waiting on a new shipment from Poly regarding an additional Studio X30, maybe I can experience the issue myself. 

BR, 

Beyond Conference

HP Recommended

You got that one right, setting browser in full screen mode removed the info. Still - I think it's a bad design by Poly, since in "normal" mode everything work and is perfectly visible. Maybe changing minimal resolution to 1000x700 would be sufficient?

However, you gave me an idea for a workaround 🙂

If I zoom out Lens page to 80-90% (depending if Bookmark toolbar is enabled or disabled), resolution window also disappears. So this kind of works for me.

I've still got to check if Lens updates status for Trio or not.

Lukasz

HP Recommended

Hi Beyond

So I've just checked how Lens behaves with Trio 8800. I've done the test cycle twice. Powered Trio off, waited 10 minutes observing if Lens will update Trio status, powered on, again 10 minutes (since Trio fully booting up). 

Monitoring was done both in Firefox (v81) and Edge (v86). Not even once the status updated automatically.

Trio firmware - 5.9.5.2982.

BR

Lukasz

HP Recommended

Hi Lukasz, it looks that when you login, it retrieves the (current) status of the devices present in LENS for that specific moment.

I also noticed that when a devices goes offline or online, after you have been logged in it will not update the status on the page.

Even when you switch between the different fields (Inventory/Actions).
Only after a refresh (F5) of the page, the status will be updated is there has been a change.
So it appears that the status is not update on the page in real-time and that you have to perform a manually refresh.

BR, Beyond conference

HP Recommended

Hi Lukasz, on the web interface of the X30 you have Cloud setting (Servers)

There is a option to select:

"I agree to participate in the collection of usage data that will allow Poly to improve their products and services."

If you deselect this option, the Studio X30 will go offline in LENS even when the Cloud Status says:

Registration Status: Online

I am not sure if this should be this way, but it appears to do so.
BR, Beyond conference

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.