Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

One big issue I'm having with Lens is the inability to permanently delete / remove a device / policy from it. Deleting a device in Lens doesn't seem to permanently remove its config / policy. Once that device re-provisions, those same settings that were applied by Lens before being deleted show back up. Also, there doesn't appear to be a way to remove a config item from a device / policy. You can obviously adjust a config item with a different setting, but no way to remove it from the configuration. And since you can't permanently delete a device, once you adjust a setting in Lens, Lens will always be providing that setting. Good luck removing a line configuration! If I try to reduce the line count, Lens says there is a line with configuration and won't reduce the count. But there is no way to remove the configuration of the line.

Also, it would be nice to see a summary of all the settings being applied by Lens instead of needing to click through each section of the device configuration.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I'm hoping this post doesn't mean the issue has been around for a year now?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.

Have used Lens to do a device setting - and now I cannot get rid of it.

How to delete remove a device policy from poly Lens?

Would be nice to do a full device reset including all policies for this device.

Would be nice to have a collection of all settings affecting a device with information of where the setting is coming from (device, model, site......)

/Morten

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.