Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Poly Lens Desktop App open on startup

andyell
Occasional Visitor

Poly Lens Desktop App open on startup

Why isn't there an option for the Lens Desktop att to open at login of Windows? Even open in the background so that the user can be notified of device updates?

This functionality is present in Plantronics Manager Pro and is quite important for ensuring the devices are up to date with minimal intervention from the end-user. The lack of this feature also means that the data for when the devices were last seen is meaningless as this is just when the user last opened the desktop app.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beyond Conference
Frequent Advisor

Re: Poly Lens Desktop App open on startup

Not that i am aware off. Have been asking this with the initial release, but still is not there

BR.

Message 2 of 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @Beyond Conference  and @andyell 

I will provide this feedback to product management. 

replied via a mobile device 

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 3 of 4
andyell
Occasional Visitor

Thank you very much Steffen, would be good to hear the feedback from the product management team.

Message 4 of 4