Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Community, there should be controls in Poly Lens Desktop for the Studio P5.
See also a article (screens) from Yiwagish (Poly Lens Desktop - Poly Studio P5 設定 - Poly Community)

But at my side they are missing.

Does anyone else have experience this behavior and has been able to correct it.
Tried several thing already including removing the App and the P5 from the LENS tenant, reinstalled it and logged in again, run it as administrator. But all whiteout any success.
They used version is 1.0.6

There where other Lens Desktop installation which has the same at the start, but somehow for no reason the have appeared. And we are happy whit it although no idea why.

BR, Beyond Conference

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Beyond_Conferen @SteffenBaierUK A colleague mentioned that OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) or other virtual camera app software on Windows can influence the visibility of controls; can be just from it being installed, even if not active or intercepting video feed.  Any chance you have a virtual camera app or OBS installed on the machines that manifest this problem?

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Hello @Beyond_Conferen ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

I made the Lens Team aware

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @Beyond_Conferen ,

have you tried to turn on the preview option (left icon) yet?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, yes, all the icons are working,

BR, Beyond Conference

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, did you receive any feedback about this issue from the Lens Team?

I spend some time in further investigation, removed the folder in the roaming (contains among them the detected devices).

The App starts then as fresh installed. Monitored the app behavior and noticed that it is using Plantronics folders in local for example logging purposes. See some Access denied on HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager and also name not found/INVALD PARAMETER messages

Best Regards, Beyond conference

HP Recommended

Hello @Beyond_Conferen ,

I can only suggest raising this with our support team so we can look into this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

additional note: Poly Lens Desktop version 1.0.7 did not fixed the missing controls.

HP Recommended

additional note: Poly Lens Desktop version 1.1.0 did not fixed the missing controls.

HP Recommended

Hello @Beyond_Conferen,

I am sorry you are experiencing this behavior!

From my experience, it is common to see "Unavailable" for the first 0-2 seconds while favorites are loading, but not longer than that. I see you have tried a variety of things to no avail. Thus, I would recommend trying the following:

1. Click settings (at top left of screen), then "RESTORE DEFAULTS". This will wipe out local stored settings (including all stored favorites, so be aware this is what you want to do) for your install.
2. Then click Studio P5 -> Settings, and "Reset Device". This will reset the device.
3. Go to Controls page, see if problem is resolved
4. If problem persists, please send me a private message and I will coordinate a next step to understand and see if I can help resolve this issue for you.

Thank you!

Ryan

HP Recommended

Thank you @Beyond_Conferen for your time to allow me to review this issue with you.

For purposes of this thread, the core issue is that the device is reporting settings that are not recognized by the Lens Desktop app (0xC20, 0xC1F, 0xC1E, 0xC1D).  Additionally, the device is NOT reporting settings that would allow control of brightness (0xC00), zoom (0xC0D), and other typical P5 control features.

There is an internal ticket that is being used to track this and find/fix the root cause.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.