Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Poly Studio P5 missing controls in Poly Lens Desktop

SOLVED
SeanSummers
Visitor

Re: Poly Studio P5 missing controls in Poly Lens Desktop

I was seeing the same problem across several Poly Lens Desktop versions and computers.

Selecting "Settings" -> "Reset Device" -> "Restore Defaults" brought back the Controls for my Studio P5.

I haven't switched computers again (yet) to see if they remain.

Message 11 of 16
Beyond Conference
Frequent Advisor

Hi SeanSummers, thanks for sharing.  I this particular case it does not do the trick.
But heard (not seen) that it can solve the issue.

BR, Beyond Conference

Message 12 of 16
RyanM
Polycom Employee

@Beyond Conference @SteffenBaierUK A colleague mentioned that OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) or other virtual camera app software on Windows can influence the visibility of controls; can be just from it being installed, even if not active or intercepting video feed.  Any chance you have a virtual camera app or OBS installed on the machines that manifest this problem?

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 16
Beyond Conference
Frequent Advisor

Hi Ryan, on both of the tested PC's is OBS installed. I have removed it from the PC's and the controls

are instant visible. 

BR, Beyond Conference

Message 14 of 16
RyanM
Polycom Employee

@Beyond Conference Glad to hear that there is a path towards it working again!  Credit to Tom W. on our side for the tip on this.  I did notice in my testing that a reboot after uninstall may be required to get back full functionality.

We'll look at this further to see if we can pinpoint the issue and allow OBS + Lens Desktop to operate properly together, that'd be the ideal scenario.  I can't make any promises, and I may not update this thread again, but I wanted you to know we're looking into this to see how OBS is changing communication with the device, and if there's a possible workaround.  Thanks,

Ryan

Message 15 of 16
Beyond Conference
Frequent Advisor

Hi Ryan, thanks for looking into this and your for your assistance.

BR, Beyond Conference

Message 16 of 16