Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Register Poly x30 to Ploy Lens

Summer
Occasional Visitor

Register Poly x30 to Ploy Lens

Good day everyone,

I run into an issue when registering a Poly x30 to Poly Lens. When I go to the Poly x30 website -> Servers -> Cloud, the Device Pin is empty. 
How can I get the Device Pin to register the device in Poly Lens. Any suggestions are appreciated. 

Thanks very much!

Summer

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Register Poly x30 to Ploy Lens

Hello @Summer ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

A community search finds this: 

https://community.polycom.com/t5/Poly-Lens/Studio-X50-amp-Poly-Lens-postal/td-p/113968

Within is also another post about the same and how to work around this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 7
Summer
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Steffen!

I will try it out.

Message 3 of 7
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @Summer ,

We just released 3.4.0 >here< and I have this internally marked to fix this PIN issue. It is not mentioned in the Release notes.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 7
Summer
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Steffen!

It is good to know the new release won't have this issue. My problem is resolved. I bet the steps in the post you mentioned would work perfectly, but before trying that, I tried to reset the Poly x30 Provider to Poly. It rebooted after the change, and then I got the window to register it into Poly Lens. This time,  the device pin was populated automatically, and then I changed the Provider to Microsoft Teams. It is all good now.
Your help is very appreciated!

Message 5 of 7
SteffenBaierUK

Hello Summer,

you should now also be able to swap the provider mode without losing the previous settings.

I have not yet had time to play with this and as far it "should" work using LENS but I can also see this potentially working just via the WEB UI.

Again not tested and I believe the official way should be via LENS.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

Message 6 of 7
Beyond Conference
Frequent Advisor

Hi, I have already done some testing and indeed the setting are not lost during switching of the providers. The provisioning in LENS keeps due to this also intact.

Message 7 of 7