Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Studio X50 & Poly Lens postal

SOLVED
spgsitsupport
Occasional Advisor

Studio X50 & Poly Lens postal

Device on old firmware 3.2.1.????? changed to Teams (from Zoom), after reboot gave me option to register & it appeared fine on Lens portal.

Then upgraded (local web gui login) to 3.3.2-286154 with Teams & it never ever connected back to Lens

It only shows OFFLINE

Something is not right!?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Studio X50 & Poly Lens postal

Hello @spgsitsupport 

same reply as here for both the missing PIN and the manual provisioning:

https://community.polycom.com/t5/Video-Endpoints/Studio-X50-No-Device-PIN-for-Lens/m-p/113915#M14961

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @spgsitsupport ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I believe I have seen this internally and it seems to be a known issue. This is based on the error description given. If you want more details I urge you to contact our support team.

A workaround, for the known issue, is to add the provisioning details into the Studio X device so it communicates with Lens.

The above is based on assumption as I have not seen any logs showing a similar issue.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 12
spgsitsupport
Occasional Advisor

add the provisioning details into the Studio X device so it communicates with Lens.

And what details would they be?

provisioning-server 

I use MS Account login details  to Lens management site

Thanks

Seb

edit

It seems that it requires the Cloud to be ticked, but the wording is awful (looks like someting optional):

I agree to participate in the collection of usage data that will allow Poly to improve their products and services.

Once ticked the unit that was registered earlier is Online

But another unit I have (not yet registered) does not provide PIN for registration (not in GUI, nor on the screen)

Cloud Status
Registration Status: Pending
Device PIN:
Register this device with Poly Lens at: https://lens.poly.com/go

How do I get this PIN?
Message 3 of 12
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @spgsitsupport 

same reply as here for both the missing PIN and the manual provisioning:

https://community.polycom.com/t5/Video-Endpoints/Studio-X50-No-Device-PIN-for-Lens/m-p/113915#M14961

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12
spgsitsupport
Occasional Advisor

Excellent, just wonder why the PIN is missing, a bug?

Message 5 of 12
SteffenBaierUK

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

I believe I have seen this internally and it seems to be a known issue. This is based on the error description given. If you want more details I urge you to contact our support team.

----------------

----------------

Message 6 of 12
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @spgsitsupport ,

We just released 3.4.0 >here< and I have this internally marked to fix this PIN issue. It is not mentioned in the Release notes.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

Message 7 of 12
spgsitsupport
Occasional Advisor

So far it does not show as available update either on the unit itself or in Lens Portal

Message 8 of 12
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @spgsitsupport ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Is this with the device running 3.4.0?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

Message 9 of 12
spgsitsupport
Occasional Advisor

3.4.0-292042 in Device Mode

3.3.2-286154 MS Teams

Message 10 of 12