Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Device on old firmware 3.2.1.????? changed to Teams (from Zoom), after reboot gave me option to register & it appeared fine on Lens portal.

Then upgraded (local web gui login) to 3.3.2-286154 with Teams & it never ever connected back to Lens

It only shows OFFLINE

Something is not right!?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @spgsitsupport 

same reply as here for both the missing PIN and the manual provisioning:

https://community.polycom.com/t5/Video-Endpoints/Studio-X50-No-Device-PIN-for-Lens/m-p/113915#M14961

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello @spgsitsupport ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I believe I have seen this internally and it seems to be a known issue. This is based on the error description given. If you want more details I urge you to contact our support team.

A workaround, for the known issue, is to add the provisioning details into the Studio X device so it communicates with Lens.

The above is based on assumption as I have not seen any logs showing a similar issue.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

add the provisioning details into the Studio X device so it communicates with Lens.

And what details would they be?

provisioning-server 

I use MS Account login details  to Lens management site

Thanks

Seb

edit

It seems that it requires the Cloud to be ticked, but the wording is awful (looks like someting optional):

I agree to participate in the collection of usage data that will allow Poly to improve their products and services.

Once ticked the unit that was registered earlier is Online

But another unit I have (not yet registered) does not provide PIN for registration (not in GUI, nor on the screen)

Cloud Status
Registration Status: Pending
Device PIN:
Register this device with Poly Lens at: https://lens.poly.com/go

How do I get this PIN?
HP Recommended

Hello @spgsitsupport 

same reply as here for both the missing PIN and the manual provisioning:

https://community.polycom.com/t5/Video-Endpoints/Studio-X50-No-Device-PIN-for-Lens/m-p/113915#M14961

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Excellent, just wonder why the PIN is missing, a bug?

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

I believe I have seen this internally and it seems to be a known issue. This is based on the error description given. If you want more details I urge you to contact our support team.

HP Recommended

Hello @spgsitsupport ,

We just released 3.4.0 >here< and I have this internally marked to fix this PIN issue. It is not mentioned in the Release notes.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

So far it does not show as available update either on the unit itself or in Lens Portal

HP Recommended

Hello @spgsitsupport ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Is this with the device running 3.4.0?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

3.4.0-292042 in Device Mode

3.3.2-286154 MS Teams

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.