Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello! 

I have just installed the EagleEye Mini to use it during WebEx calls on Mac. How can I adjust the settings like zoom in, colors, reversing the image etc.? I cannot find any control panel. 

Thank you! 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @barcahenry ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Poly only provides the companion app to update the Firmware for the camera. All other settings would need to come from the application using it. To my own personal knowledge, there is no such software.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Mr. Baier,

thank you for a quick reply! It has not helped me yet. Since Polycom advertises this product with 4x zoom, how can I use it?

Thank you,

Egor

HP Recommended

Hello @barcahenry 

The Datasheet >here< specifies the camera as USB Video Class (UVC) UVC 1.5 compatible so any software supporting this standard can access the features like zooming in or others.

Again Poly does not provide separate software for this standard.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Polycom is giving us a dogs dinner.

On Windows, the move away from Skype to Teams, implies you'll need to keep Skype around just for its settings screen, as there's no other way to change the cam settings.

On Mac, we're just **bleep** out of luck as none of the applications actually provide settings screens.

Wake up guys, you are scamming your customers with features that de-facto will not be available to them after purchasing your hardware. Your user community are obliged to use corporate software, MS Teams more and more.

Below software may be of use to all your users before they throw away the cam. It will cost you another 7.99 because Poly didn't think it would be good sports to build it themselves. Works like a charm.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/webcam-settings/id533696630?mt=12

HP Recommended

Hello @Maikel 

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Can I just remind you that this is the official Poly community hosted by my employer Poly.

Please keep your posts within a professional tone as this is not some hobbyist forum. 

I would not want you to be sent on a holiday. 

The hardware uses industry standard settings so it is down to the software to provide access to the features. 

Microsoft Teams does this on Windows so i would be surprised if a software Giant like Microsoft would not do the same on a Mac. Similar for example with Zoom

If you want an open dialog about other software or options please feel free to comment. 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

@Steffen

i am unable to edit the previous message. I am unclear what you mean with you are implying with the vacation. 

for what it is worth; I posted a viable solution to the OP’s problem, something that I took the effort for registering for. I have two of your cam’s in our household and we use them every day.  However as of today, I’ll be using them in a lot better way because of the app i mentioned. 

kindly take this to your ideas box for me: add a complimentary license key for Mac users and you will meet delights instead of grunts. 

the party line that the hardware is compliant, while technically true, did not help the OP, should they read my suggestion, they can at least have the option to shell out 7.99 to use your product to the specs they bought it for, and ALL the software they’ll be using it would not need to implement the preference pane. I say that’s a win for your customers. 

you don’t need to actually provide the pref pane yourself, just referral would have been a better answer than computer says no. 

sorry my tone of voice is a tad bitter, I give my consent to redact my previous message of harsh tones, but ah well, the interwebs is a big place. Twitter and social media do wonders outside the walled polycom garden. Do what you may to my account or message but please keep OP informed of the solution the team did not suggest. 

have a wonderful day. 

HP Recommended

PS MS Teams on either Windows nor Mac have  any way to configure web cam settings beyond choosing it. In my original reply, I provided ANOTHER workaround for this omission, which is to use Skype’s pref pane in Windows, to change the settings of the system, including the behaviour of your cam in MS Teams. 

I appreciate you are a volunteer to this forum, and that’s great. Perhaps can I suggest both options for Windows and Mac to be added to some kind of FAQ because I searched the webs extensively to come up with these two and I know it drives less tenacious customers up the walls to have bought a great product that perhaps has a zoom pref pane, but otherwise remains under-utilised by MS Teams on either Windows or Mac. Given the penetration of Teams in corporate life, over zoom, I’d expected Poly to be more interested in the corporate application of their great product. 

Thanks for your time. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Maikel 

I show the Windows Teams Settings >here< as an example

In regards to the mentioned holiday, I can ban users if they behave unprofessionally within the community.

Feel free to use social media but stay professional but as outlined for Windows there is a built-in option that works.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.