Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a site that wished to mount their Eagle Eye USB upside down on the ceiling connected to a Windows 10 PC. We have been unable to find a setting to rotate the image on the PC.  Looking for any help. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Scott Schering ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

If this is either the EagleEye USB IV PTZ camera or the smaller EagleEye USB mini both can only be set to inverted when connecting these to a Poly Visual+ or a Poly Studio X/G7500.

Once they have been set to an inverted position they can be used like this on other devices.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

So the only way to invert the EE IV 12 USB is to purchase a Poly Visual+ or a Poly Studio X/G7500 ?

Why is it not currently implemented for use with a Poly G7500 ?  The non USB EE IV 12 inverts easily.

I would think this would be an easy software fix that could be implemented in the G7500's next version (version 3.8)  Is this on Poly's radar to be added ?

Bill Strasser

HP Recommended

Hello @GWN ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Just as an FYI and reminder I am just a volunteer as outlined in detail in my signature. Therefore I am trying to answer any poster's question as truthfully as I can.

I am 100% sure that a reseller can change the invert setting via a Visual+ and the device will store this setting after it is disconnected. I have done this many times.

I am pretty sure the same is applicable for a Studio X or G7500 but have never tried this but believe there is an option in the Web UI. Again a reseller should be able to do this via the device to a Unit before shipping it.

There is no standalone software like the companion app or the Poly Lens Desktop app to do this and a feature request would be required.

The next release is 3.7.1 and I am unsure what is included until it is released. We do not discuss unreleased software within the community.

If you find an issue with a Studio X or G7500 being unable to invert the EagleEye IV USB please open a support ticket.

Please share the ticket reference.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @Scott Schering and @GWN 

I have to retract my statement in regards to the G7500/Studio X being able at the point of writing to change the orientation as this is not a feature today.

We have EN-206684 open internally and the opportunity can be registered via a Poly Sales Engineer and/or a Poly reseller via SEFR-228

The above is not a committed feature and if this is needed please work with Poly Sales Engineer and/or a Poly reseller via SEFR-228 to add your own personal opportunity.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thank you.  I will look into it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.