Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Poly Studio premium usb video bar usb cable replacement

Busholy
Visitor

Poly Studio premium usb video bar usb cable replacement

Dear Community members,

I recently purchased a Poly Studio premium usb video bar, during the installation I damaged the USB 2.0 cable (Type-C to Type-A) and I need to replace it; also the 5 m that come with the device are not enough and wanted a longer cable of at least 8 m for our conference room.

Would any cable of USB 2.0 cable (Type-C to Type-A) and any size work? or should I stick to 5 m only. I searched on Amazon and found this cable would it work for my case? or do I need to get a 5 m or less cable and couple it with usb 2. 0 extension active cable?

How about USB 3.0 cable (Type-C to Type-A) for the same setup and size of cables (main and extension)?

I am a bit confused on what to purchase since I cannot find them locally; I don't want to end up buying something that won't work and without option of returning it as it comes from far away.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Olivier

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Poly Studio premium usb video bar usb cable replacement

Hello @Busholy 

Welcome to the Poly Community.

From the main Video FAQ:

Apr 16, 2020 Question: Are there any recommended USB cables for the Studio X or G7500 family?

Resolution: Please check >here< but understand that normal USB2.0 or USB3.0 cable length restrictions apply

The same is applicable to the Poly Studio USB

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
Busholy
Visitor

Re: Poly Studio premium usb video bar usb cable replacement

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for the link it is helpful, I am going to implement what is said there and will comeback here with my feedback on what worked or not if any,

Thanks,

Busholy

Message 3 of 3