Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Please help - Using Studio for dance class (Hula), percussion musical instruments (& other instruments) can not be heard, only human voices. Turned off: NoiseBlockAI and Acoustic Fence.

Is there anything else to try, so we can use the Studio to capture the percussion musical instruments?

Currently using a third party USB mic to capture instruments, but would like to eliminate that to simplify operation and setup.

*Note: Using Zoom for video conferencing, & turned On: Using original audio feature.

Much thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Nealu 

i have run this post via our internal audio guru and the Poly Studio USB does not have a dedicated Music mode. The Studio X30 for example does have this. 

Replied via a mobile device 

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Nealu 

i have run this post via our internal audio guru and the Poly Studio USB does not have a dedicated Music mode. The Studio X30 for example does have this. 

Replied via a mobile device 

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi @Nealu 

just to add to confirm that Poly Studio USB is causing the problem, use it as a USB microphone for the PC,  make an audio recording. This eliminates all Zoom or Teams processing, of course.

HP Recommended

Steffen -

Much thanks and aloha!

Hopefully, the "Music" mode feature will be added to the Studio™.  Otherwise the Studio is a great solution for our community college, to convert in-person classrooms into video conferencing ones. The camera, microphone and speaker box all-in-one unit solves a lot of problems. We suspend the unit from the middle of the classroom's drop ceiling, using a sheet metal two foot mount our Welding & Machining Dept. makes. The Studio's speakers are louder than the X-30 & X-50, and the unit is cheaper, so we plan on going with the Studio for most of our classrooms.

HP Recommended

Hello @Nealu 

I am neither a product manager nor a developer so I cannot speak about any plans. I can only ask you to test as suggested and find if any application used is affecting the music.

replied via a mobile device

HP Recommended

To double check, I recorded the Polycom Studio USB mic output on the Audacity app, and yes, percussion musical instruments and hand claps did not get recorded. (No Zoom used.) Only the human voice comes through.

HP Recommended

Hello @Nealu ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

I can only ask you to get this into support so we can confirm that this is working as designed.

Usually, in order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

The problem is now fixed!

The latest to date (10/6/20) Studio USB Firmware update, 1.3.1..., has fixed the problem. When the NoiseBlockerAI, and the Acoustic Fence are turned-off, percussion musical instruments, hand claps, etc. can be heard on video conferences.

Much Thanks to the Polycom engineers for fixing this.

Mahalos - Neal

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.