Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

API for PDMS

SOLVED
Highlighted

API for PDMS

Hi, 

Is there a REST API available for PDMS? The specific use case I have in mind is to do asset management where we need to retrieve all phones that are registered with PDMS. Instead of making REST API call to each phone, it'd be much better to make an API call to PDMS.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee

Re: API for PDMS

Hello plcmusr,

Welcome to the Polycom Community.

We have an OBiTALK Service API currently available. The service exposes a REST-like interface, relying on the HTTP/1.1 protocol for request/response framing. As you've indicated, our current implementation of the API does make a call to each device. For example, to get basic device status of the devices in an organization, the following script queries the /devices/{device}/quick-values endpoint for each device, and writes the results to a CSV file. The collected information includes the device online status (device is connected to the OBiTALK service) and its firmware version.

Additional information on our Service API can be found within PDMS-SP, under the Service API section. If you would like to become a Polycom partner, please go to http://www.polycom.com/partners/become-partner.html/partnerapp to apply a partner program. If you're already a Polycom partner, and would like to request a PDMS-SP account please send an email to ITSPSales@Polycom.com

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3

Re: API for PDMS

Hi JerRod, thank you for your response.

I couldn't find the script that you were referring to. Could you please upload?

A different question (but related), does the phone support webhook when certain event occurred? For example, when the phone received a call, it'd be great if it can trigger a SOAP/REST call to a URL. 

Thank you!

Message 3 of 3