Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have been testing PDMS-SP with the the Obi302 & Obi312 ATA's. We are having trouble getting devices claimed and displaying as "Managed" in the portal. I belive part of the issue may be the various outbound non-standard ports that need to be opened in firewalls that are more hardened. I am working on a standard set of rules to give customers with the necessary ports, etc.

After working through some of the initial issues, I have a number of ATA's showing that ZT = Yes, they were redirected to our provisioning server, downloaded their configuration, and are ultimately showing "Managed" in the PDMS-SP portal. However, I have a number of ATA's that seem to be stuck somewhere in the middle where there is no ZT status and the device shows "Unmanaged", but yet I can see some details of the device when clicking through various screens.

How can I get these devices out of this "Unmanaged" state?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @cwallace-ena ,

welcome back to the Poly Community.

I suggest you raise this with our support team directly.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @cwallace-ena ,

welcome back to the Poly Community.

I suggest you raise this with our support team directly.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen, I figured that would be the case but was wondering if others in the community were seeing similar results. I will get a ticket open with support.

HP Recommended

Hello cwallace-ena,

Welcome to the Polycom Community.

Just wanted to let you know that there's a KB Article containing the list of Trusted IP Addresses, Hosts, and associated Ports required on a firewall for OBi ATA's. The Article number is: 37792.

A common reason why OBi ATA's show up as "Unmanaged" in PDMS-SP, is that a device was "Claimed" after it was connected online. Our devices, by design, will ask where they are claimed, and then go through the Zero-Touch customization process. Once the device’s association to the PDMS-SP account is established, it will no longer ask our Cloud where it’s claimed anymore. . This means that if you get the device claimed after this ZT process, it will never ask the question if it belongs to ENA. Hence, the OBiTALK tether that the device has is not with ENA, therefore in your web portal it would say “Unmanaged.” What you can do is dial an IVR sequence ofcodes on the ATA to make it ask that “where do I belong” question again: ***, 0, 8888#, 1, 1#, 1

HP Recommended

We are starting to see the same issues with our Poly VVX D230 base units being deployed over the past week. Did you ever get anywhere with this?

HP Recommended

Yeah, we just do the best we can with customers who manage their own firewall. It would be nice if PDMS-SP didn't require so many firewall rules to function. Other vendors/devices simply need standard HTTPS TCP/443.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.