Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have looked around and cannot seem to find an answer.

We have a customer who wants to block all outbound traffic not associated with phone traffic. What IP/URL do I need to whitelist for the phones to communicate with PDMS:SP

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Allow Outgoing:

TCP ports: 6800, 5222, 5223
UDP Ports: 5060, 5061, 1000 to 11000, 16600 to 16998, 19305

Allow Incoming:

UDP port: 10000

OBiTALK Voice Service
Trusted IP Addresses:

54.241.160.4 UDP/TCP: 10000 to 20000, TCP 6800, TLS 443
54.241.163.234 UDP/TCP: 10000 to 20000 , TLS 443
54.67.107.54 UDP/TCP: 10000 to 20000 , TLS 443
54.67.113.163 UDP/TCP: 10000 to 20000 , TLS 443
54.219.101.123 UDP/TCP: 10000 to 20000 , TLS 443
54.52.249.241 UDP/TCP: 10000 to 20000 , TLS 443
52.53.96.55UDP/TCP: 10000 to 20000 , TLS 443

OBiTALK Provisioning
Trusted Hosts:
www.obitalk.com HTTP/HTTPS
WWWI. obitalk.com HTTP/HTTPS
prov.obitalk.com HTTP/HTTPS
devpfs.obitalk.com HTTP/HTTPS
api.obitalk.com HTTP/HTTPS
fw.obitalk.com HTTP/HTTPS

OBIHAI Root Certificate

If you need to install Obihai Root Certificate. Please contact

obi.spsupport@polycom.com

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have a customer that says they have opened all these ports but when I try to access the devices local config via the portal says the device is offline, even when the "Managed Devices" page reports it as "managed" with the SP1Status as "Registered". Is there any way to get a report/status that shows which firewall ports are open or not?

HP Recommended

Surely Poly can add a firewall check option to the System Status page of the phone base web interface. This would make the initial setup with clients so much easier as most network guys managing firewalls don't get it everything right.

HP Recommended

Hello @Gasmanz ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

From our Voice FAQ:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change aka feature request to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Yeah that process of creating a business case with your reseller to try get a feature request implemented is a waste of time, unless you are spending millions with Poly. I have tried going down that path before and it ends at the Poly wall of "nothing in it for us", denied.

Basically Poly is not interested in listening to the little guys out there. Which I understand when it's all about making $$$.

HP Recommended

Hello @Gasmanz 

I am just a volunteer like yourself but the last time I checked Poly was not a registered charity so therefore of course like everything else in the world has to do with some form of compensation.

I try to explain in the linked FAQ why we need to do this and what is required.

So far I do know nothing about yourself aka you purchased 1, 10 or 1000 phones so, therefore, it is hard to make a case for you.

I suggest you keep an eye on future UC software

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

We are Poly Partners already. We have 120 VVX D230 bases with additional handsets and 600+ CCX500 phones currently, with a lot more yet to be rolled out (supply chain issues at Poly causing delays). We also support thousands of legacy Poly SIP handsets for our customers. Even with all this we are unable to have any direct interaction with Poly to share ideas about how they can improve their products.

Even Microsoft has a community forum where you can share and vote for features you believe will improve their products, and there is direct feedback (not always timely) about what is being worked on and what is backlogged. They understand that great ideas can come from the smallest of end users and it's not about how much $$$ you spend with them. They still also retain the process for supporting large customers with special feature requests that need cost justification as they should.

Why is Poly so hesitant to listen and interact with their customers and end users?

HP Recommended

Hello @Gasmanz ,

We have a similar concept and Poly SE's and/or resellers should be able to get this into Poly for you but there is a slight difference to for example a partner like Microsoft. In this case, a consistent revenue will flow throughout the time where typically with us it is a one time purchase. Again I am not from the sales organisation so I shall leave this to them.

For old legacy phones, there is no chance for software updates adding new features. For VVX phones running 6.x.x or later I suggest you check the next 6.4.0 release. We have started the Beta and if you are a reseller should have access to this. For the CCX watch the software release notes. For the D230 and all other Obi Products, there should already stuff you can do via the PDMS-SP but I bring this post to the attention of product management.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I just came across this in the Poly Documentation Library which seems a lot more comprehensive.

Required Ports and Trusted IP Addresses and Hosts (polycom.com)

Not sure if you want to update the list in your original post.

Cheers,

Graham

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.