Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear,

we got a Trial for the PDMS-E. 

I configured the cloud relay and this is fine and online. I did register there two of our Trio8800, they are also online. But somehow they do stay unlicensed. (See Screenshots)

Is it the wrong type of license? I also can not reboot them, I assume an issue because of the unlicensed status.

Firmware of the Trios is 5.9.0.11421

I want to configure it for upgrade firmware and push settings to the devices

Kind regards and thanks

Sven

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Proxy00 ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

PDMS-E is not really a platform we can support via the medium of a community forum.

I suggest you work with who supplied you with the Trial license as there are too many factors we would need to check.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hey Steffen,

I just went to the PDMS website and signed up for a trial. Then I checked the guide on how to set everything up.

So can I contact polycom directly?

Kind regards

Sven

HP Recommended

Hello @Proxy00 ,

apologize, I mistook this for our RealConnect service. I would suggest working with your Polycom reseller via one of the Trio's serials/MAC's.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

@Proxy00 It looks like you just did the cloud registration workflow which is used today just for the Alexa integration in PDMS-E.  

For now, PDMS-E would need you to use the service as the device's provisioning server if you intend to support the workflows that you mention in your post.

Once you point your device to PDMS as a provisioned endpoint, then you will see it switch to a licensed device and it will work for what you mention. 

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

for the most part, yes.

Basically, in PDMS-E you go to Provisioning Settings.  On the Provisioning Service Address, you can setup a vanity URL, or just use the default t#### for your unique address which is specific to you as a customer.

Then on the Provisioning Account Tab, define the username and password you want to provision your devices with.

With that information, go over to your Trio/VVX and then from the web admin (could be done with DHCP options or from the phone, i'm just faster at typing on the web), and under Settings > Provisioning Server, set the server type to HTTPS, then fill in the information from PDMS.

This will allow PDMS to become the config server, unto which you would then use the information at that link you set to start setting up all of the Configuration Profiles and getting all the specifics to your environment properly done.

if you are using another config server, like FTP or from another service, you'd need to either need to migrate your configuration or for the time being, create a Config Profile in PDMS that uses the attribute of CONFIG_FILES and for the value, just point it to your existing config server.  

the redirect could even redirect the protocol, i.e. ftp://user:password@1.2.3.4/my/files/here.cfg and can be a comma-separated list.  Just remember to point to the config files and not the mac.cfg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.