Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Upload Device Fimware files to PDMS-E

SOLVED
Occasional Advisor

Upload Device Fimware files to PDMS-E

Whats the correct process to upload and distribute firmware files to PDMS-e managed devices like trios for example.  I want to be able to upgrade the firmware across all my Trio from PDMS-e that are on my local network.

The maximum upload size in the "Resources Files" area is 50mb where or how do I upload the .firmware files?  Or can I point directly to Poly's servers to reference the firmware files?  

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Upload Device Fimware files to PDMS-E

Hello @Brad_W ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Please check =>here<=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @Brad_W ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Please check =>here<=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Steffen this put me in right direction.  I also figured out that I had to Add Device Update Images to the Download Agent which I believe I was successful in completing as I now have 2 images showing on my cloud relay under Management Agent > Monitor View > View Images with green checkmarks.

For example I am trying to update all my vvx phones to 6.2 when I navigate to the "AUTO_GEN_SW_PROFILE_UC_Software_6_2_0_release_sig_split" profiIe I get the message "couldn't find software message"

Am I missing another step?  I get the result on both VVX and Trio phones I do have a cloud relay server that is accesible on my local network by all my devices.

Message 3 of 3