Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

polycshuck
Polycom Employee

On March 6th about 200 students from 8 classes from Pennsylvania, Virginia, Texas, and Michigan participated in two sessions of our Polycom Special Event with author Jim Stovall and his book “The Ultimate Gift.” The students prepared questions for Mr. Stovall using the ASK process.

The depth of questions and interaction is always incredible. Here’s a sample of the questions:

Q: What is your favorite gift? 

A: My favorite gift is the gift of a day because it really can incorporate all the other gifts

Q: Where did you get the idea for the golden list?

A: When I was very young my sister had leukemia and I spent a lot of time at my grandparents’ while my parents went to doctors’ appointments. I didn’t like being away from my friends, my toys and my home. When I would complain my grandmother made me list 10 things I did like and after that list I could list what I didn’t list. By the time I finished my “like” list, I’d forgotten about the complaints.

Q: What is your writing process?

A: “The Ultimate Gift” was my first novel. I dictated it to my assistant, Dorothy, in 5 days. My other books took longer. I don’t plan or organize I just start telling a story and let it unfold.

Q: After we read this book, we practiced the gift of work by cleaning the bathrooms at our school. Was this a good gift of work?

A: Cleaning the bathrooms probably wasn’t fun and it was hard work, but hopefully if did make you appreciate/respect the person who does that everyday.

Q: What message did you want the reader to gain after reading “The Ultimate Gift.”

A: I wanted to debunk the myth that money makes you happy.

Polycom has offered this program every year for the last six years, and thank Mr. Stovall for taking the time to talk with students every year.

social sharing buttons
Announcements
Welcome to the Poly Support Community!

This community is open to Poly partners and end customers. It is the place to connect and discuss latest news, updates and best practices about Poly products.

As a first time user, please get familiar with our Community Guidelines and Terms of Use by clicking here.