Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom Employee

Today we participated in an exciting interview with Dr. Ben Carson, Director of the Division of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins. Students read one or more of his books, and prepared questions based on their reading and scientific study. The program was coordinated and sponsored by Polycom. Thank you to Polycom and Johns Hopkins for making this happen! We used the ASK format for this videoconference. We started with opening comments from Dr. Carson, rotated through the schools for the questions, and closed with final comments.

Today, I’m going to share some of my favorite questions.

• What made you want to write a book about your life?
  • In your book, your mother was a huge inspiration for you, who inspires you today?
  • When I get older I want to be a pediatrician, what tips can you give me to help accomplish my goal?
  • You always seem so hopeful, was there ever a time you weren’t so optimistic?
  • How do you prepare mentally for a surgery?
  • Is your mother still living? If so, how does she affect your life now?
  • If you could redo one thing in your life what would it be?
  • Have you ever worked alongside someone that inspired you to be the person you are today?
  • One of the classes asked about the Carson Scholarship Fund which he explained during the session.

As usual, this program was a treat for the classes participating! We look forward to interviewing Dr. Carson again in February 2012 to celebrate Black History Month.  We sure appreciate Dr. Carson giving up his lunch hour to talk with us!

social sharing buttons
Comments
Occasional Contributor

Dr. Carson's events are always filled with such wonderful gems of advice based on his experiences. They should give hope to students to pursue their dreams! And, the students always ask great questions. One of my favorite Polycom Special Events!

I must say that the Dr. Carson's event each semester is a highlight for me and other educators. From the moment my daughter read Gifted Hands years ago as part of her middle school curriculum, which was before it was turned into a movie with Cuba Gooding, Jr., she and I became a huge fan of Dr. Carson. It is amazing to travel worldwide and realize that so many know of his work in separating conjoined twins.

If you have not experienced one of his events, I highly recommend you take advantage of the one in the Spring.

Regular Collector

Elaine, this is an amazing Interview wtih Dr Carson.  Well done on sourcing such a wonderful presenter, I look forward to more Blogs.

Lynnette Whitfield

Announcements
Welcome to the Polycom Product Support Community!

This community is open to Polycom partners and end customers. It is the place to connect and discuss latest news, updates and best practices about Polycom products.

As a first time user, please get familiar with our Community Guidelines and Terms of Use by clicking here.