Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom Employee

Today students connected with Jim Stovall, author of The Ultimate Gift.  This was the last Polycom Special Event for 2011.  Jim Stovall has been one of Polycom’s most popular events for the past five years.  As Sue Porter mentioned to students and teachers “it’s just not Christmas until we connect with Mr. Stovall”  We had several classes participating in two sessions of ASK with author Jim Stovall on his book The Ultimate Gift. The students have prepared using the ASK process. This program is one of the Polycom Special Events, with bridging provided by Internet2. The depth of questions and interaction is always incredible. Here’s a sample of the questions:

• It seemed like Jason was blind to all the gifts he had. Did you do that on purpose?
  • How long did it take you to write the Ultimate Gift?
  • If you had one day left, what would you do?
  • If you had a choice to get your eye sight back would you and why?
  • Did you always want to be an author?
  • Has being blind made any part of your life easier?
  • If you could go back in time and change something you did in your life what would it be?

In between sessions, I had a chance to speak with Mr. Stovall.  We both decided there were many questions asked this year that have not been asked in years past. 

Polycom has offered this program for many years, and probably will continue to do so. So watch their website for registration details. They have openings in other similar programs too.

social sharing buttons
Comments
Occasional Visitor

I am brand new to this. I have 8th graders studying American History. They will be doing slavery, War of 1812, American Revolution, the Holocaust. Anything else in Am. History would also be good.

Please give me some places that would incorporate these topics. Many thanks!!!

Announcements
Welcome to the Polycom Support Community!

This community is open to Polycom partners and end customers. It is the place to connect and discuss latest news, updates and best practices about Polycom products.

As a first time user, please get familiar with our Community Guidelines and Terms of Use by clicking here.