Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have 2 x 8800 Trios with Visual+, which which i have configured to use as SIP trunks on an Avaya IP500v2 PBX, and it all works great.

I now want to add Teams, which i understand requires a hybrid approach. I have read dozens of articles, but they all talk about only one element of the setup at a time and i cannot find the specific information around configuring the 8800 in hybrid mode with Avaya. I get a teams icon, but a (?) appears next to it.

I have configured RealConnect, as per http://blog.schertz.name/2018/10/realconnect-service-for-skype-and-teams/ . I can confirm that the powershell commands are completed, licences are active, polycom app as listed in 365 and the interop service is listed on Teams invites from Outlook. I can also confirm Polycom is listed as the CSP.

I have found a blog regarding the config on the 8880, which is a manual config file import whilst in the Skype for business base profile. So i have imported a config as below as per "hybrid mode" here http://blog.schertz.name/2019/08/poly-trio-with-microsoft-teams/.

Other than this, is any other config required for the 8800? Do i need to sign in (with the teams account) when requested, as this just hangs on "signing in as "User account" this may take several minutes", whether i do a web sign in or user credentials. Is any other config required please or manual setup?

Avaya Sip Truck is configured on line 2, as i have read Teams wont work unless registered on line 1 in hybrid mode such as this.

Any help is appreciated... now banging head against a brick wall.

< PHONE_CONFIG>
<ALL reg.limit="2" dialplan.digitmap.lineSwitching.enable="1"
call.autoOffHook.1.contact="9xxxxxx5@t.plcm.vc" call.autoOffHook.1.enabled="1"
dialplan.1.applyToDirectoryDial="1" dialplan.1.digitmap="^.+@t\.plcm\.vc$"
dialplan.1.digitmap.timeOut="4" dialplan.1.digitmap.mode="regex" reg.1.address="Polycom"
reg.1.keepalive.sessionTimers="1" reg.1.label="Teams Meeting" reg.1.server.1.address="t.plcm.vc"
reg.1.server.1.register="0" reg.1.server.1.transport="TCPpreferred" reg.1.srtp.offer="1"
exchange.meeting.realConnectProcessing.teams.enabled="1"
exchange.meeting.realConnectProcessing.outboundRegistration="1" call.teluri.showPrompt="0" />
< /PHONE_CONFIG>

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

I'm just another community member, so take my thoughts with a grain of salt, but I think this is boiling down to a classic confusion between Native Teams Mode and Hybrid Mode. 

I don't have a Trio - but I suspect that Teams Icon you are seeing is reflective of the Trio's native Teams mode.  But you don't want that.  You want to configure the Trio to talk to Poly's One Touch Dial service so that it will join the Teams call via RealConnect. 

Advantages of Hybrid over Native Mode

• RealConnect gives you Video.  Native does not.
  • Native Mode restricts you to Teams Only.  Hybrid should let you join Teams/Zoom/GoTo depending on licensing
  • Hybrid should let you continue with your Avaya SIP config.  Teams native mode kills that and probably forces you into an E5 or Meeting Room license for that room so that you can still have old fashioned dialing. 

As much as I like the idea of native devices - whether they are Teams or Zoom or GoTo or WebEx - I like the flexibility of the hybrid approach because you can only control what your company uses - you can't control what other companies use.  So - it is my current understanding that the Hybrid approach aligns with a more heterogeneous environment. 

If I'm incorrect on any of this - I hope the moderator will point that out.  But does this make sense?

HP Recommended

Thanks for your quick response. You are explaining exactly the config I am trying to deploy. I am trying to configure Realconnect in Hybrid mode for dual use. Avaya for phone calls and Teams for online meetings.

The trio allows you to connect between different base profiles. In Native mode, i am able to log into teams, however, I am unable to in Hybrid mode, or more accurately the Skype for Business profile (which should allow for Teams on one Sip and a custom SIP on another)

HP Recommended

Hello @Chris Mallett ,

Welcome to the Poly Community. I assume you are mixing up a couple of things here so can we establish the basics?

Both the communities Must Read First and the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

As a reminder the basic information asked for:

UC Software 4.0.0 or later via the Web Interface Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup. Please rename into .TXT or Zip the file to attach.
Since UC Software 5.9.0 simply provide this via the Web Interface Diagnostics > Download Support Information Package

• If possible provide a Log and either attach them or use the Code Tag.Consult the Troubleshooting Section found within the FAQ if applicable
  • If possible provide the MAC Address or Serial of the device
  • Provide details for example if the issue is a day 1 issue or only happened after an upgrade or any other relevant details
  • For questions around Support please check here

Whilst providing some of these details may not directly impact any possible answer the community can provide, it does enable Poly to have an overview of the current software used. In addition, providing all details at the same time allow us to check logs or look up potential support partners if an issue needs to come into support. It also enables us to verify the entitlement for using features.

As you can see by the above we would need to know a little more about the setup.

• Is this a no Skype for Business setup?
    If yes then we do not really use the verbiage Hybrid. Teams would just be another line aka simply set reg.limit="2" in your configuration.
  • Does the Avaya line just work as a SIP provider aka register and all is good?
  • For Teams I suggest you use Line 2 (factory defaulted Trio in openSIP profile):
    	call.autoOffHook.2.contact="888888@t.plcm.vc" 
    	call.autoOffHook.2.enabled="1" 
    	dialplan.2.applyToDirectoryDial="1" 
    	dialplan.2.digitmap.mode="regex" 
    	dialplan.2.digitmap.timeOut="4" 
    	dialplan.2.digitmap=".+@.+\.plcm\.vc" 
    	reg.2.address="Trio.RealConnect" 
    	reg.2.keepalive.sessionTimers="1" 
    	reg.2.label="Teams" 
    	reg.2.server.1.address="t.plcm.vc" 
    	reg.2.server.1.register="0" 
    	reg.2.server.1.transport="TCPpreferred" 
    	reg.2.srtp.offer="1"
    	call.teluri.showPrompt="0" 
    	nat.keepalive.interval="20" 
    	sec.TLS.SIP.strictCertCommonNameValidation="0" 
    	exchange.meeting.parseEmailsAsSipUris="1"
    	exchange.meeting.parseWhen="Always"
    	exchange.meeting.parseOption="All"
    	exchange.meeting.parseAllowedSipUriDomains="t.plcm.vc"
    	exchange.meeting.realConnectProcessing.teams.enabled="1"
    	device.set="1"
    	exchange.auth.email="Place Email here" 
    	exchange.auth.domain="" 
    	device.loginAltCred.user.set="1" 
    	device.loginAltCred.user="Place Username/UPN here" 
    	device.loginAltCred.password.set="1" 
    	device.loginAltCred.password="Place Password here"​

The above configuration also adds the Exchange Server credentials so the Trio can parse the meeting invites.

If you need to manually enable Exchange please add:

feature.exchangeCalendar.enabled="1"

If your network is not set up for Auto Discover provide the URL via:

feature.EWSAutodiscover.enabled="0" exchange.server.url="Place Exchnage URL here"

If you still struggle I suggest you work with a Poly reseller as they can open a ticket for you.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I think I am close - but I also stand corrected based on Steffen's reply.  He has some good suggestions in his answer.  Feel free to dm me directly if you want to take this offline. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. Apologies, I thought i had answered the majority of these questions in my post.

Polycom Trio 8800 Visual+ Version  5.9.2.7553

Hybrid - Teams for online meetings and Avaya for SIP IP Office 500 v2

No other Poly infrastructure - device is configured stand alone.

No, this is not a Skype setup, it is Teams, however the profile is Skype for Business as per the guides in my first post.

Yes, Avaya is added as a SIP provider on any line and registers and just works, as per: https://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/cb7270a0-e54e-4144-9bba-56c0a4a999e2 

I do not know what you mean by openSIP profile? This is not an option on the 8800 if you mean the base profile?

I will factory reset and try again with your config. 

Our domain is enabled with autodiscover as all services are held in Office 365 and no local exchange.

Many thanks

HP Recommended

Hello @Chris Mallett 

it should be in Generic mode aka as shown >here< set to Generic.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, this advice is different to that of http://blog.schertz.name/2019/08/poly-trio-with-microsoft-teams/.

I have tried importing your config in "Generic" mode, however this doesn't even show the Teams meeting icon.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello @Chris Mallett ,

as outlined in my original reply we need far more information from you than just describing something. The examples you provide may use Skype for Business on line 1 which is not what you are trying.

A standard configuration would not add any icons to the device. How to do this is described here but has nothing to do with the actual functionality with the Trio or the service.

As suggested provide us with your MAC address and we lookup who your initial reseller is and who can help you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks for your message, I have tried Teams on both Line 1 and Line 2, The configuration links that I provided are the guides to add the Teams button via SIP registration on either Line 1 or 2, however this doesn't work at present. 

My previous reply meant the line icon for teams and not the actual image used. That config on Generic mode didn't add a second line at all. The other configs had.

I am not sure what other information you require, as i was to believe the realconnect config I am trying to use is meant to be a fairly straight forward setup? Are there any complete guides for this type of set up?

My MAC address is 64:16:7F:76:A7:A7

Kind Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.