Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We have enabled RealConnect for Teams but not Skype for Business.

On our Trio 8800's we have two existing lines(Line 1 - Skype for Business, Line 2 = CUCM PBX) and have added RealConnect as Line 3. Teams meetings via RealConnect now work well but we have a problem with Skype for Business meetings disconnecting after 20-30 seconds. If we remove Line 3 (RealConnect) then the issue is resolved. If we add RealConnect back as Line3 the issue returns. We have updated to latest Trio software (5.9.2.7727) but issue persists.

Is there an official guide on what Trio 8800 cfg we should be using to add the RealConnect line?

I will post a backup of our config below if anyone has any further suggestions please.

Thanks, Ryan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @RyanW 

MR6.10 is the same as MR6.10

MeetingRoom6.10, for example, is different. I am not aware of the full limitation but I proved to you that using the same breaks the functionality.

Usually, when you get the RealConnect service an onboarding training is included. IF you require support outside you can work with your Poly reseller to get access to Poly support.

There are also options to purchase support.

I cannot comment on the documentation as I do not personally look after this. I am just volunteering and trying to help outside of my official support role.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

<WEB
call.teluri.showPrompt="0"
dialplan.digitmap.lineSwitching.enable="1"
exchange.meeting.realConnectProcessing.outboundRegistration="3"
exchange.meeting.realConnectProcessing.teams.enabled="1"
feature.bluetooth.enabled="0"
feature.callList.enabled="0"
feature.lync.hideSignOut="1"
homeScreen.settings.enable="0"
httpd.cfg.enabled="1"
httpd.cfg.secureTunnelRequired="0"
httpd.enabled="1"
lync.provisionDeviceParams.enabled="0"
mr.bg.selection="Custom"
mr.bg.showPlcmLogo="0"
mr.bg.showWelcomeInstructions="TextOnly"
mr.bg.url="xxx"
reg.limit="3"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.dayOfWeek.lastInMonth="1"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.time="1"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.dayOfWeek.lastInMonth="1"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.month="10"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.time="1"
tone.dtmf.onTime="100"
call.autoOffHook.3.contact="removed@t.plcm.vc"
call.autoOffHook.3.enabled="1"
dialplan.3.applyToDirectoryDial="1"
dialplan.2.digitmap="999|*xx|90[1235789]xxxxxxxxx|[2-8]xxx|0T|900xxx.T|"
dialplan.3.digitmap.mode="regex"
dialplan.2.digitmap.timeOut="3|3|3|3|2|5|"
dialplan.2.removeEndOfDial="0"
mr.pair.uid.1="0004f2fff530"
reg.1.address="xxx@xxx.onmicrosoft.com"
reg.2.address="6160"
reg.1.auth.loginCredentialType="usernameAndPassword"
reg.2.auth.loginCredentialType="usernameAndPassword"
reg.2.auth.userId="6160"
reg.1.displayName="Do Not Touch"
reg.2.displayName="Phone Line"
reg.1.label="Do Not Touch"
reg.2.label="Phone Line"
reg.2.server.1.address="10.10.15.10"
/>

HP Recommended

Hello @RyanW ,

Welcome to the Poly Community. Usually, we ask for this:

Both the communities Must Read First and the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

As a reminder the basic information asked for:

UC Software 4.0.0 or later via the Web Interface Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup. Please rename into .TXT or Zip the file to attach.
Since UC Software 5.9.0 simply provide this via the Web Interface Diagnostics > Download Support Information Package

• If possible provide a Log and either attach them or use the Code Tag.Consult the Troubleshooting Section found within the FAQ if applicable
  • If possible provide the MAC Address or Serial of the device
  • Provide details for example if the issue is a day 1 issue or only happened after an upgrade or any other relevant details
  • For questions around Support please check here

Whilst providing some of these details may not directly impact any possible answer the community can provide, it does enable Poly to have an overview of the current software used. In addition, providing all details at the same time allow us to check logs or look up potential support partners if an issue needs to come into support. It also enables us to verify the entitlement for using features.

From the Admin Guide:

The Hybrid Registration feature includes the following limitations:

• You cannot merge local conferences on Skype for Business registration lines. You can merge local conferences on Open SIP registration lines.

• You cannot bridge Skype for Business and Open SIP registration lines.

• Local merging of two point-to-point calls made using two different lines between two Poly Trio systems is not supported.

• Only call transfers between different SIP registrations with the same SIP call servers is
    supported. Call transfer between SIP registrations on different SIP call servers is not supported.

• To avoid unexpected phone behaviour, do not use the same user name for multiple registrations.
    Use similar but not identical user names. For example, use:
    reg.
    1.address="John.Smith@company.com"
    and
    reg.2.address="J.Smith@business.com".

• Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption of Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) media for
    secure communication in hybrid Open SIP registrations is not supported.

As there was no backup attached we are unable to verify.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your reply. Please find backup in attached zip along with responses below:

Software Version - 5.9.2.7727
Phone Model - Trio 8800 (3111-65290-001 Rev:A)
Call Platform - Hybrid (Line1=Skype for Business Online, Line2=SIP, Line3=RealConnect)
SIP Details - Cisco Unified Communications Manager

Thanks, Ryan.

HP Recommended

Hello @RyanW 

your backup does not contain a line 3 so we cannot verify if you violated the above restriction naming line 2 and or 3 the same as line 1.

The above restriction should be clear.

In addition, I would not expect this:

reg.2.auth.loginCredentialType="usernameAndPassword"

Please check your configuration and if this all still fails, and no other volunteers can help, open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

Our records show the visual+ to be sold via GECDF-ScanSource UK Ltd and as an account a well known Parcel service.

As the records show the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your reply and apologies but I previously uploaded the wrong backup. I have now attached a new file with line 3 set as RealConnect. Are you able to review again please?

The cfg lines we are using to add RealConnect as line 3 are as below:

< PHONE_CONFIG> 
<ALL reg.limit="3" dialplan.digitmap.lineSwitching.enable="1" call.autoOffHook.3.contact="xxx@t.plcm.vc" call.autoOffHook.3.enabled="1" dialplan.3.applyToDirectoryDial="1" dialplan.3.digitmap="^.+@t\.plcm\.vc$" dialplan.3.digitmap.timeOut="4" dialplan.3.digitmap.mode="regex" reg.3.keepalive.sessionTimers="1" reg.3.label="Poly RealConnect" reg.3.server.1.address="t.plcm.vc" reg.3.server.1.register="0" reg.3.server.1.transport="TCPpreferred" reg.3.srtp.offer="1" exchange.meeting.realConnectProcessing.teams.enabled="1" exchange.meeting.realConnectProcessing.outboundRegistration="3" call.teluri.showPrompt="0" /> 
< /PHONE_CONFIG>

Are these correct or does Poly have some official guidance please?

Thanks, Ryan.

HP Recommended

Hello @RyanW ,

I had already outlined the restrictions that you must not use the same name for the line:

reg.1.address="MR6.10@xxx.onmicrosoft.com"
		reg.2.address="6160"
		reg.3.address="MR6.10"

The reg.1 address is the same as the reg.3 address.

If you follow the guidelines aka do not have this the same it will work.

If not I have already outlined the next steps if nobody else wants to volunteer.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your reply. We have chosen a very different reg.3.address and think the issue may be resolved but am testing for a few days to confirm.

Please note I thought we were already following Poly's advice (below) in choosing "MR6.10@xxx.onmicrosoft.com" and "MR6.10" since they are similar but not the same:

To avoid unexpected phone behaviour, do not use the same user name for multiple registrations.
Use similar but not identical user names. For example, use:
reg.
1.address="John.Smith@company.com"
and
reg.2.address="J.Smith@business.com".

Is the fuller advice to not resue any subset of another address maybe?

We also discovered an issue with using spaces in the RealConnect address name. Is this another thing to avoid? Ideally some documentation on how to configure the RealConnect line would be much appreciated since we're currently taking suggestions from unofficial blog posts rather than Poly directly.

Thanks, Ryan.

HP Recommended

Hello @RyanW 

MR6.10 is the same as MR6.10

MeetingRoom6.10, for example, is different. I am not aware of the full limitation but I proved to you that using the same breaks the functionality.

Usually, when you get the RealConnect service an onboarding training is included. IF you require support outside you can work with your Poly reseller to get access to Poly support.

There are also options to purchase support.

I cannot comment on the documentation as I do not personally look after this. I am just volunteering and trying to help outside of my official support role.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help Steffen. I'll post back if we discover the issue is not resolved.

For others benefit I think it could be made clearer that re-using any part of an address is not allowed. Under normal definitions I would say "MR6.10@xxx.onmicrosoft.com" and "MR6.10" are different 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.